News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2014-11-09, 16:58:31

Bathory:  Blood Fire Death

Great!! :)
I have the Hammerheart album.
The track One Rode to Asa Bay is sheer brilliancy!
Don't really like that kind of music, but that track is just awesome!!
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Just ordered:

Saturnian:  Dimensions

Their only studio album.

Celtic Frost:  Monotheist

When I listened to this album 8 years ago, in the beginning of my metal adventure, it gave me real nausea in my tummy each time. Strange, I've never experienced it before or after. So I gave the cd away :o

Now I'm prepared *horns*

The Band:  Stage Fright

A classic that I loved sooo many years ago :-*

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

Yesterday I bought two albums at the Beyond Rock stand at the IQ concert in Zoetermeer:
Tracy Hitchings - "From Ignorance To Ecstasy"
Glass Hammer - "Ode To Echo"

Tracy's album could be considered a Shadowland album, since Clive Nolan, Karl Groom and Ian Salmon play on it. And the whole thing is written by Clive. It just has Tracy on vocals (instead of Clive) and Dave Wagstaffe (Landmarq) on drums instead of Shadowland's Nick Harradence. I've listened to it a few times when I was discovering everything with Clive on it. It didn't leave a big impression on me, but when I saw it for just 4 euros, I decided to buy it anyway.

Glass Hammer's "Ode To Echo" I don't know yet. I already have five of their albums ("The Inconsolable Secret", "Culture Of Ascent", "If", "Cor Cordium" and "Perilous"). I find them different to get into, but somehow I alway find something to like.

PH

When I got home from work, another package was waiting for me. This time it was:
It Bites - "Whole New World: The Virgin Years 1986-1991"
Which includes:
"The Big Lad In The Windmill"
"Once Around The World"
"Eat Me In St. Louis"
"Thank You And Goodnight"

Pretty cool music. Any It Bites fans around here?

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2014-12-31, 00:18:55
Pretty cool music. Any It Bites fans around here?
I have heard one album, I guess it was 'Eat Me In St. Louis' and found it too poppy for my taste. But it's not fair to judge after a few listenings. I'll see if I can find more on YouTube.

I have found an other way to check out 'The Pineapple Thief'. I ordered the 2cd 'Introducing The Pineapple Thief' for just € 7,64 including shipping costs :). It contains songs from their back catalogue, in the order from new to old. Curious.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Wed, 2014-12-31, 11:19:52
I have heard one album, I guess it was 'Eat Me In St. Louis' and found it too poppy for my taste. But it's not fair to judge after a few listenings. I'll see if I can find more on YouTube.

Try to find some of their second album "Once Around The World". That album is easily their best. Even better than the Mitchell era in my opinion!

Quote from: Teunis on Wed, 2014-12-31, 11:19:52
I have found an other way to check out 'The Pineapple Thief'. I ordered the 2cd 'Introducing The Pineapple Thief' for just € 7,64 including shipping costs :). It contains songs from their back catalogue, in the order from new to old. Curious.

Where did you find this bargain?

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2014-12-31, 14:23:34
Try to find some of their second album "Once Around The World". That album is easily their best. Even better than the Mitchell era in my opinion!
Found a lot of It Bites albums and tracks on YouTube, will search for this one, thanks!

Quote from: PH
Where did you find this bargain?
Here. Today 15% discount, price normally is € 8,99.

Teunis

Pre-ordered @ my record shop:
The Neal Morse Band - The Grand Experiment
Lonely Robot - Please Come Home
Toto - Toto XIV
Arena - The Unquiet Sky

8) *horns*

PH

Okay, so I was in a buying mode the last couple of weeks/months.
This is what is on order:

The Gentle Storm - "The Diary"
Right from the start of this project I knew I had to have this. And I am talking of the 4 disc artbook edition of course... ::) A collaboration between Arjen and Anneke, wow, I can't wait!

Haken - "Restoration" EP
This will mark my first vinyl purchase. And I only bought it because there seems to be no other way to get the cd. "The Mountain" was one of my favourite 2013 releases. Bring on the next full album!

Shadowland - "Cautionary Tales"
Okay, so I am late to the party with this one. It's sold out everywhere. I tried to buy it through rockserwis.pl but they emailed me (after a long time) that they couldn't order it for me. So today I ordered it through amazon.com. Hopefully they still have it.

Lunatic Soul - "Walking On A Flashlight Beam"
I have this on order for quite some time now (december), but since I ordered it at the same time with my first Shadowland attempt, I still don't have it. Secretly, I heard the album already and it might be their/his best!

Kaipa - "Sattyg"
Also on order since december (rockserwis). Kaipa is an obligatory buy for me.

Robert Reed - "Sanctuary"
Last year I listened to this album a couple of times and was blown away by this 'Mike Oldfield tribute album'. Very cool. Especially since Mike's latest outing was not spectacular at all.

Anglagard - "Viljans Oga"
I ordered this because of lavish praise in many reviews. And this (along with Rob Reed's "Sanctuary") I chose as a replacement for the canceled Shadowland box.

Huis - "Despite Guardian Angels"
I heard a song from this album on Morow.com internet radio a few days ago and I remembered that I simply cannot ignore this album. It is really good and I recommend it to fans of Arena! (Am I wrong Teunis?)

And of course Arena - "The Unquiet Sky"
I was already in a money spending mood, and I know that I will end up buying it anyway, so, yeah.

And now I guess I have to deactivate the internet, so I won't be tempted to buy more. ;D

Teunis

Nice list PH!
Quote from: PH on Wed, 2015-03-18, 21:27:37
Huis - "Despite Guardian Angels"
It is really good and I recommend it to fans of Arena! (Am I wrong Teunis?)
No, you're right. Great album, but it's more keyboard oriented and less heavier than Arena I'd say.

Tomorrow I'll buy the new Toto album, I was looking forward to it for months. Can't wait to play it, the three songs I already heard are great 8).

maddox

The Gentle Storm ~ The Diary Mediabook.

The artwork looks stunning!! :) *horns*

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

The Gentle Storm and Haken are in!
I also have the 4 disc edition of "The Diary" and what a beauty it is. This must be the most beautiful artwork in my possession! And the music is very nice too!
Haken's "Restoration" looks also fantastic and I've listened to it a bit (on a shallow level) and I'm not disappointed yet. ;)

I think Lunatic Soul, Kaipa, Robert Reed and Anglagard might be here tomorrow. Shadowland and Huis are probably later this week.
I can't help but feel a bit guilty after spending so much money... :-[ Well, as long as I feel guilty about it it's ok, I guess...
But it was payday today. :D Which makes up for it.
A bit.
At least, that's what I tell myself.

Teunis

Bought the Gazpacho live cd/DVD 'Night Of The Demon' today.

PH

Yesterday I was in Kleve, Germany. I bought two cds.
1. Joe Satriani's "Black Swans And Wormhole Wizards", which I already know and really like. Any Satriani fans here?
2. Sylvan's "Home". Up till yesterday I only had "Posthumous Silence" and "Presets" (both wonderful albums and really recommended to anyone here).

PH

Someone will be glad to know that I have bought Karmakanic's "Who's The Boss In The Factory". ;)
Got a lot of listening to do, because 2015 has already brought me quite some albums.

Bupie

;) You woke me up from my Australian winter hibernation ...

Lucky you, you are going to discover Send a Message From the Heart : a true epic !

Teunis

Bought 'The Gentle Storm - The Diary' during my holidays in Germany.

Nicky007

This will make you happy, Paxi. Ordered:

Leprous:  Congregation

Further orders:

Keep of Kalessin:  Armada

Already have Epistemology, Reptilian, and Kolossus. Gotta get their entire catalogue, as they're my most listened to band these days *horns*

How come noone else in the Room is into this band :(

Faith No More:  Sol Invictus

First album by this great (pantheon) group in 18 f*in years :o

I read some reviews, supposed to be real good ....

AC/DC:  Back in Black

Surprised? ??? Had to get an album by this group. AC/DC are great party music, and this is a classic album, gotta get into it properly.

When A* and I go to parties with other 60+'s, they play old 50's and early 60's stuff - ya know: Elvis, and Sealed By A Kiss zzzzzz - at best Beatles '65+ and Creedence (who actually are real good, one of the lasting groups from that time). When I throw a party, people will be out on the dance floor with Back in Black - "eat that" *horns*

- Nicky
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Good move Nicky  *horns*

And then please don't wait too long to get Highway To Hell which is even classier (and way better as a whole IMHO) than Back In Black. After that, you 'll be given the privilege to listen to Powerage which is the hidden gem of AC/DC discography. Lucky you  ;)

Nicky007

Thanx, Bupie, very useful, as I'm not so knowledgeable of AC/DC :)

I'll get Powerage on my SL ....

That will probably do it for me with AC/DC.

Nothing like a party with lots of beer and AC/DC at 100 db with good speakers *horns*

Life is not just about philosophy :o

- Nicky
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Rhapsody (Of Fire) - "Legendary Tales"
Rhapsody (Of Fire) - "Symphony Of Enchanted Lands"
Rhapsody (Of Fire) - "Dawn Of Victory"
Rhapsody (Of Fire) - "Rain Of A Thousand Flames"

Didn't buy them, but got them from a collegue. She was cleaning up her cd shelf (why would anyone want to do that?!) and thought I might like to have them.
Not really what I'd call "right up my alley", but I took them anyway! Will investigate!

(She also wanted me to have "Clutching At Straws" by Marillion, but I already had that one of course. ::))

Teunis

Pre-ordered the new Riverside album "Love, Fear and the Time Machine", to be released on 4th September.

PH

Yesterday I bought:

Symphony X - "Underworld"
A candidate for my top ten albums of 2015!

Pink Floyd - "The Endless River"
Not really a top ten of 2014 (I was disappointed), but found it in the bargain bin for only 7,50 euro, amongst Hannah Montana and a few other worhtless artists... I saved it, and now it's between "The Wall" and "On The Sunday Of Life" on my shelf. I feel so good now.

Teunis

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2015-08-13, 18:33:41
Pre-ordered the new Riverside album "Love, Fear and the Time Machine", to be released on 4th September.
Picked it up this afternoon. Upcoming releases this year I'll save money for: new Subsignal, Mystery and Gazpacho album 8).

Teunis

Quote from: Teunis on Sat, 2015-09-05, 22:01:25
Picked it up this afternoon. Upcoming releases this year I'll save money for: new Subsignal, Mystery and Gazpacho album 8).
Bought the new Gazpacho album 'Molok' this afternoon. Subsignal will follow next week and Mystery next month *horns*.