News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Where did you get your nickname from?

Started by Appelmoes??, Sun, 2005-02-13, 23:42:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Appelmoes??

... Why are you using this particular nickname?

I'll start.
Years ago when I first registered for a dutch forum I had to figure out a name that would suit me. It had to be a really wierd name, kinda funny and, of course, totaly stupid. So it became Appelmoes?? (Applesauce??) By now it has become not only my nick on fora, but also irl ;D
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Moonloop

From the Porcupine Tree track of the same name (from "The Sky Moves Sideways" album).

;D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

POM

It's because I always eat apples when I was student, so I got this nickname, "pomme"  ;)... I write it "pom", it's shorter ;D! And I use it in some other forums for years...

Peter

Well, mine's obviously not a nick, right.... ;) No time for talking about parents, bees and so on...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Appelmoes??

Quote from: POM on Mon, 2005-02-14, 10:03:12
It's because I always eat apples when I was student, so I got this nickname, "pomme"  ;)
Apples rule... 8)

My drawings on MySpace

creme anglais

Deenfan

It comes from the fact that Deen Castronovo is my favourite drummer, and also, when you use SMS spelling rules, in northern norwegian it spells out "It is a devil"!!! (Or, any of the names you may have for him, that also works as a... er... I must think... descriptive title, the same way you use the word devil. We have Satan, Fan, Faen, Belsebub... You may recognize a couple of them. My, how this post turned out... :D

Anyway, I guess this is more common in my tongue, but we tend to say "He's a devil on drums", meaning he is really good... So, we actually say that the devil is good... ??? ??? We need to have our language adjusted, I just realised! ;D

Peter

Quote from: creme anglais on Mon, 2005-02-14, 19:40:46
Apples and custard ;)

and, 'creme anglais', where does that nick come from?
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

creme anglais

I named my business "custard" after my Custard-point surf board........ now most things in my life tend to be custard related........
creme anglais is a bad french custard substitute........which often makes me laugh........ not really sure why:-)

frenchsting

my nickname comes from scorpions "love at first sting" album. the one of the beginning of the huge world wide success. i kept "first sting" abd as i'm french, "first" became "french". So that's it...

Mark Jan

I'm afraid I've got no nickname.  :-\  Well, my nickname is just my own first name. When I entered this forum I took a minute to think of a nice nickname, a good passage of a song, a title or something like that. Nothing came up to me, so it's just my first name. But whatever!  :D

Moonloop

Quote from: frenchsting on Wed, 2005-02-16, 11:55:24
my nickname comes from scorpions "love at first sting" album. the one of the beginning of the huge world wide success. i kept "first sting" abd as i'm french, "first" became "french". So that's it...

Great album indeed  ;D . Did feel though that they went downhill somewhat after that. Savage Amusement was certainly a disappointment for me. Gather the new one (Unbreakable..??) is a return to form but haven't heard it. Lovedrive / Animal Magnetism / Blackout & Love at First Sting are the classic 4 studio ones though.  ;D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

CygnusX1

If you're a Rush fan I would've thought it would be obvious enough. ;)

gelert

Er, it's the name of my dog....

And the reason why I chose "Gelert" as the dog's name, is because I try to find unusual names for our animals - Sasquatch (our cat, because she had HUGE paws as a kitten); Nemesis [RIP](Sasquatch's mother, because she was truly the Goddess Of Retribution with our Jack Russell called Rama [RIP]); Sassy's brother Ninja [MIA]; Sassy's offspring included Pogle [RIP] and Cobweb [RIP]...just a small selection from the ever increasing number of animals that I am fortunate enough to call "friend"...

...and also "Gelert", because the story is cool....check out http://www.red-dragon-wales.com/MythsandLegends/Gelert.htm...

...And the ultimate sting in the tail is....

...Well, I'll save that for another post...!
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Appelmoes??

That story is to damn long for this time of day... (And I had some beers :D) I'll read it in the morning! ;)

My drawings on MySpace

Xanxtuary

I first got the name Xanxa from a dream I had, in which I was a Jedi named Xanxa Jinn (being Qui Gon Jinn's niece or cousin or something), so I started signing up for fora as Jedi Master Xanxa Jinn.

Then when I was posting something on the Genesis forums about the Guaranteed Eternal Sanctuary Man (part of the Supper's Ready concept), I signed myself Xanxtuary, being a mixture of Xanxa and Sanctuary.

Since then I've signed up as Xanxtuary to a lot of fora, but on the Rush message boards (now sadly defunct) I was known as Xanxa Dryer 3.  There are other variations, I'm sure all of them fairly obvious.
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

Torch

well no surprises here aswell  ;)  Torch is ofcourse the main character of Clutching at Straws by the Marillo's, who has an allergy to Perrier, daylight and responsability  ;D

Simtere

My nickname is simple  .... Sim from my name and Tere from the wife  (and now shes bitching because it should have been SimTere not Simtere .... oy vey already)

Rather boring really by comparison to some.  I sould pick a new one but having slavishly worked my way up to commoner I dont want to start out again as a broomstick.

The Voyager

"The Voyager" is a marvellous track from Pendragon's album "The World"(my all-time favourite).   

Spad

Spad.... the truncation of "Spadino"..... do you remember the sit-com Happy Days??? Spadino was the italian name of Fonzie's little cousin.

My colleagues called me "Spadino" for the first time some years ago because of my way of dressing and my (apparently) young age......  ;)

I try to make a translation of Spadino........ something like "little sword"........ but not in the true sense of the words.....

Bye.
Spad.
Does it to matter to you?
In the lions' cage we're all the same.

gelert

Quote from: Spad on Fri, 2005-04-22, 10:16:08
I try to make a translation of Spadino........ something like "little sword"........ but not in the true sense of the words....

Any O-Level Latin students out there will recognise the humour behind "Sword" & "Scabbard"...  ;D

Ergo, "Little Sword" is inadvisable....  ;)
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Melo

Well I used to call myself Melodramatica as I can get very melodramatic when upset... that gt shortened to Melo somewhere alog the line  ;D

keyboardistmatt

I would expect to not need to explain this nickname...   ;)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

gelert

"Matt" who...?

Genuine question, BTW...

keyboardistmatt

...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt