News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

FROST

Started by PH, Fri, 2005-09-30, 08:29:59

Previous topic - Next topic

kmorse

Ahhhhhhhh, Christopher Walken. Always plays creepy characters.
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

maddox

Quote from: kmorse on Wed, 2006-08-23, 17:48:33
Ahhhhhhhh, Christopher Walken. Always plays creepy characters.

And he plays them very well, i might add. The Prophecy is one of his highlights.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Tomorrow I'll be at my first Frost* concert! ;D

I can't wait! I hope it'll be good fun! The most exciting thing is: my girlfriend will be with me tomorrow! Her first prog-gig. Heh, her first gig ever!!
I'll say "hi" to John M (and the rest) from The Shattered Room, OK?

Also, Paul Tippett, the artwork designer for Kino AND Frost* will be there too! Finally I get the oppertunity to get my CDs signed by the artworkdesigner too! 8)

I think the art for Picture and Milliontown is superb. Not too prog and not too "nothing" either. It's refreshing, just like the music itself! ;D

Peter

Nice. Have fun and say hello to the guys.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

HelenDo

Lucky you PH!!!!!

Say hi to Jem & JJ from all the Frost* forum members

Helen xxx

funkster

The album is ace. Enjoy the gig PH and we await your review 

johninblack

Not long to wait now PH!!

I have to wait till 11th november (Rotherham) and then 10th december (london).

Teunis

Have fun PH, rock on !  *horns* *ola*
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Fri, 2006-10-13, 11:53:09
Have fun PH, rock on !  *horns* *ola*

Oh I will! Don't you worry about that!
Thanks guys! I'll say hi for all of you! ;D

JJ II

Hi there,

It was GREAT.... sorry we didn't meet PH

Go to the Frost-board to see some pics and a short clip:

http://www.frost-music.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=216

PH

Yeah it was absolutely FANTASTIC!

And JJII, I went to the Helmond gig, didn't you go to the Zoetermeer gig? ;)

I'll post some pics soon. And I also have a movie of somewhat around 5 minutes (with crappy sound, but still...)
But for now the movie is AVI and 333 MB... so I'll have to compress it.

But the gig was awesome, me and my friend and my girlfriend were standing in the front row! It was really cool!!!

johninblack

Glad you guys enjoyed it, looking forward to November and December now! Thanks for the Video and pics JJII, we enjoyed them.

Peter

LOL, "Mellotron sucks".... tsk tsk tsk...

How does he manage to produce all the great sounds with just ONE keyboard?

johninblack

Quote from: Peter on Mon, 2006-10-16, 16:53:59

That would be because he is very clever and his keyboard is even cleverer.

maddox

Quote from: Peter on Mon, 2006-10-16, 16:53:59

That same question springs to mind when i watch Jordan Rudess of DT. How the heck is that possible? It most be a tape that's running with it.

The video is unfortunatly a bit short but very nice to watch. I think it had to be a hell of a show.  *horns*

Smegal

OH sorry guys i thought this was an Arena forum my mistake!
MY PRECIOUS

Peter

Quote from: Smegal on Wed, 2006-10-18, 14:47:51
OH sorry guys i thought this was an Arena forum my mistake!

You were perfectly right, but this is the FROST* thread inside the ARENA forum...

funkster

You tell em Peter  *horns*

The Frost album is top bannana and along with Anathema and Pendragon is getting some serious listening at Chez Funkster

PH

Quote from: http://milliontown.blogspot.com/2006/10/day-3-from-plato-to-borderij.html10.30pm – Me, JM and Mr and Mrs Jaap (old friends of prog, but new friends of Frost) head into the nearby town for some extra curricular scran. Mr Jaap is a politician. The first one I've ever met. How cool is that!?

That's cool JJ II.
Yeah, they are really nice people.
But sh*t... are all those Englishmen so terribly short? I mean, I am very small, but I was taller or at least as tall as the Frosties.

Not that I care, they have a very large character. They're very friendly people. I almost forgot that Jem was once a popsong writer. ;D

JJ II

QuoteThat's cool JJ II.

Ah! you recognised me  ;D

Yeah, they're all really nice people. And not just the bandmembers, but crew-members and fans as well. Strange to say, but sometimes I enjoy the afterparty just as much as the gig itself: so many friendly people!

PH

Quote from: http://www.frost-music.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=3153&highlight=#3153Dear all, there's no easy way to tell you this so....

It is with great regret that I have to announce that Frost* are calling it a day for now.

Increasing time, financial and commitment levels have decreed that I'm no longer able to give Frost* the attention it was starting to require and, as such, I have made the decision to suspend the project indefinitely. With my professional music career entering a new and significantly more demanding phase, the imminent arrival of my second child and the hours in the day being limited to just 24 on this planet, Frost* has had to be the sacrificial lamb or else I'll die much earlier than I'm planning to.

The remaining 4 gigs will still go ahead as planned.

The remaining T-Shirts will be available via the website shortly. We shall put an announcement up with pictures for all to see. If you'd like to buy one (or four!  ), payment will be via Paypal (just as soon as I've set an account up!)

Can I take this public opportunity to thank the other 3 Frosties for all their time, skill and effort - dear little things that they are.

The website will remain up and running.

The View From The Cube will stick around too, but after the final instalment of the tour diary, I won't be updating it for the foreseeable future. (Unless my Tardis collapses during the winter in which case, there'll be a full report...)

As and when time allows, I shall be continuing to write and record. If there's anything worth hearing, you'll be the first to know. Also, although I will try to be around as much as possible on the forum and MySpace to say "Hello!", it won't be as much as it used to be for the time being. Lots to do I'm afraid.

I hope you'll understand.

Lastly, can I just say a HUGE thank you to you lovely people for being so supportive of the whole Frost* endeavour. We've had a total ball and we couldn't have done a lot of this whole thing without your love, enthusiasm and, most importantly, humour.

You've been brilliant. Thank you.

Until then, then.

Jem x

:'(

maddox

:o  :o

:(

That was rather unexpected. :(

PH

Yeah...

But Frost* isn't dead yet. There's nothing said about that. They take a long vacation, just like Arena and Kino are doing, and like Genesis and It Bites did.

Or something...

Peter

Pffff, I remember quite well when Jem was boasting about the number of albums he wanted to make with Frost*. Now that he's been on tour with the guys, he's prolly seen that it's actually a HUGE AMOUNT OF WORK :D and that the revenue is not earned as easily as with making an album with the Pop girlies, as he's been used to before....?! Don't want to be harsh here or anything, but this gives me a feeling like he was in a state of "OK, Prog Rock experiment done, successful music-wise, not too much otherwise, so now let's move on".

JJ II

Though I'm REALLY disappointed, I do understand how difficult these choices can be.
With a wife and kids to take care of and a music career that cannot afford to just kick around a bit doing hobby-projects, I think he's a wise man....

I have a feeling we will here more of him in the future. Though I think chances are that it's on TOTP rather than in The Boerderij,... so to say.