News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Pepper's Ghost

Started by Peter, Thu, 2005-01-13, 22:09:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

Quote from: Clive on Sun, 2005-02-13, 23:18:45
Well ... that should be good news for you.... :)
We do plan to play 'Shattered Room' in May....
Good choice, Clive.  ;D
Looking forward eagerly....
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

POM

Quote from: Peter on Mon, 2005-02-14, 07:42:42
Good choice, Clive.  ;D
Looking forward eagerly....

Yeaaaah really like this one very much!  ;D

Dude

Be sure to play Tantalus as well, Clive. That yearning and screaming guitar cuts so deep that it really hurts... You guys are really amazing.

I have to admit that it took many, many spins before I started to enjoy Pepper's Ghost, but now that I'm finally into it, it doesn't let go anymore (hail to the repeat-button!).
Too bad that those 'weird' little parts in Purgatory Road ('One day, I will lie down...') don't appear more often in that song - I think they're quite special.

Mark Jan

At last..... at last......at last!!! I received my copy of Pepper's Ghost.   ;D You all already know every second of it! From now I can participate in the discussions about PG, although everything has been said, about it, but whatever!!!  :D I only played it once, but it sounds really good! A bit heavier than the previous albums, but not too heavy. Opera Fanatica sounds really impressive!  :)

frenchsting

Very happy to know that you'll play "shattered room" in May. Cos i'll be there with friends...

for the 5th time, i'll see you guys !!!!

"I will always find you"

Teunis

Great album, though it had to grow on me. But hey, this album made me buy three earlier ones (The Visitor, Contagion and The Cry), that says enough! The shattered room is my favorite one too. When I first heard Opera Fanatica I thought 'what is this?', but now I love it. You have to know the meaning of the song. Compliments! 8)
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

BlueDragonPT

Some people's first impression obout PG was it is to "hard"...hehe...i don't think so. For me it's the best Arena Album ever!!!
Well...i listen a lot of Metal bands, not only the progressive ones... and the progressive fans who never listened to progressive metal bands are losing a big peace of the cake. PG is somewhere between progressive rock and progressive metal. That's why it's a great CD!!! Old Arena fan's don't be limited, metal is not only noise for some "crazy" people wearing black clothes! In this moment is the area of music with more creativity. Progressive rock and progressive Metal are two faces of the same coin. If you only see one of the faces you are not a really "prog" music fan!  ;)
the heart of a dragon is a river of tears

The Voyager

In my view, "Pepper's Ghost" is MUCH better than "Contagion". However it can't surpass their classics. I still prefer to listen to "The Visitor", "Immortal?" and "Songs From The Lion's Cage".  :P

Deenfan

After these months with the album, I find it's the strongest collection of SONGS as such, from Arena. Thinking about the whole listening experience, I do think "Contagion" is still gonna stay on top. Especially now with all the songs in there. They had left out some pretty marvellous material! :)

Teunis

Quote from: Deenfan on Fri, 2005-07-01, 23:52:21
After these months with the album, I find it's the strongest collection of SONGS as such, from Arena. Thinking about the whole listening experience, I do think "Contagion" is still gonna stay on top. Especially now with all the songs in there. They had left out some pretty marvellous material! :)

Totally agree! 'Contagion' stays my favorite, the order of songs, fantastic! Haven't heard 'Pepper's Ghost' for a month or so, my brother is borrowing it. I WANT IT BACK, NOW  ;).

Deenfan

Shall we hope he really likes it, or would it be better if you were able to get it back? ;D

Peter

Quote from: Deenfan on Sun, 2005-07-03, 14:46:05
Shall we hope he really likes it, or would it be better if you were able to get it back? ;D

Both mate, both. And that he's going to buy a copy of his own!
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Teunis

Quote from: Deenfan on Sun, 2005-07-03, 14:46:05
He likes it, I asked him. I'll make sure that I get it back Tuesday, looking forward to hear it once again!

freeman17

I'm disappointed of Peppers Ghost. Good, there are some really fine instrumental parts on it but overall only few fragments of the tracks remain in memory. The change in the music style is a matter of taste but isn't my taste. I love all the older albums, especially "The Visitor", "The Cry", "Contagion". In my opion the change in music-style is to drastic.

Teunis

Maybe you have to get used to it. Give it some time, it took me a few spins as well, after each spin it just got better and better. Now I love it!

Deenfan

For me, coming FROM melodic rock and appreciating prog over time, Pepper's Ghost was heaven sent from the beginning. I could not believe what I heard. The quality of the songwriting is staggering. As far as the music (playing?) I imagine it might be a bit straight forward or hard hitting for the average... Pendragon fan..? or something. You know what I mean. ;)

keyboardistmatt

I really like it! During the organ and guitar bit in "Opera Fanatica", I kept thinking about Nolan/Wakeman's 'Hound...' album...

Must be a reason for that... ???
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

funkster

So Pepper's Ghost eh , good points and bad points as per your very own Funkster

Good points - the packaging is amazing and very original , Purgatory Road has a fantastic riff , smoke and mirrors could be my fave Arena track. Overall - bloody good album

Bad points - i keep singing the eyes of laura mars  :-[ i know - i'm an idiot but wasnt it an old Tommy Lee Jones film or something 

willowroolz

I think Opera Fanatica's my favourite track, one of the best endings to an album I've ever heard  8)

Sergey

It's my favourite album and first Arena's work which I've heard.I like all songs.

Deenfan

I listened to this album again, for the first time in more than a year (I think), the other day, and I thought "Bloody hell". It is great!

Now, today, I put on the last track only, "Opera fanatica", really loud. After the last note faded out, the wife said "Fantastic music".

Yup.

Bupie