News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Favourite Arena Track

Started by The Voyager, Thu, 2005-03-17, 16:03:27

Previous topic - Next topic

TomSawYa

Serenity / Tears in the rain (as a unit)

I listened to the phenomenal "Visitor" album for the first time with my headphones up high and just listening and reading it like a photo album, turning the pages one by one following the music and getting caught by the magic pictures of the booklet. I remember my feelings as I turned and looked in that clown´s face of a broken soldier...full of tears trying to keep up and smile...and then the guitar solo started...this was a kind of revelation for me. Everytime I hear the song I see this face and can almost feel the despair of this man hitting the ground. This made me a real Arena fan.
Changes aren´t permanent - but change is !

Appelmoes??

Quote from: TomSawYa on Thu, 2005-10-27, 17:57:55
Serenity / Tears in the rain (as a unit)
I agree, what an emotional song. One of favourites too.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

keyboardistmatt

Yep, "Tears In The Rain" is loaded with emotion, especially where the guitar solo fiollows the lyrics.
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

PH

I think nearly all songs on Contagion/-ous/-um are good.
But Skingame has a lot of musical changes.
In the begin it's heavy. in the middle it has a twist and in the end there's a VERY nice acoustic guitar piece, with the vocals: "I will call"

beautiful, that whole song is great.

marcello

I have found myself posting an awful lot in "off topic" at the moment, so I feel the need to post here.

I don't like Crying for help Three as much as other songs on Songs from the Lions Cage, but i particularly like the crossover bit between Crying for Help three and Midas vision. Midas Vision is one of my favourite songs on Songs from the lions cage.
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

FirstPrice

It's impossible to say which is your favourite track from one of your favourite bands, a band witch has made a lot of tracks.. But I can try.. These are some of them..

Mea Culpa (Just love this song! :D)
Opera Fanatica
Smoke and Mirrors
The Butterfly Man
Moviedrome
Friday's Dream
The Hanging Tree
Midas Vision
Enemy Without
-Håvard

sammi

well i think my fav track would have to be (don't forget to ) Breath but with rob singing it.

then helpVII, skin game, hanging tree. i have to say i love rob's voice and when i listen to the other lead singers it's not that same effect for me.

keyboardistmatt

I must say, I took a liking to Skin Game.  Also, Salamander.  Very catchy! :)

DirgeForNovember

Solomon: it started it all for me
MovieDrome: I cant describe how much I love this song
I always liked Blood Red Room....short yes, but it has a bit of an industrial feel which I LOVE
Last track on Pride....I think it was Sirens I like that a lot too

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: DirgeForNovember on Fri, 2005-12-09, 04:52:45
I always liked Blood Red Room....short yes, but it has a bit of an industrial feel which I LOVE
Very interesting, that... it does have that sort of feel to it.

PH

Blood Red Room... isn't that that track with the spoken text instead of singing?

keyboardistmatt

PH

Sérgio

Sergey

From "Immortal?" - The butterfly man
From "Pepper's ghost" - Opera fanatica
From "The visitor" - In the blink of an eye
From "Contagion" - On the box

johninblack

Quote from: johninblack on Sat, 2005-09-10, 07:52:59
I think it would have to be Purgatory Road, or perhaps cutting the cards or maybe soloman. Too many really good songs to choose from but they tend to be the songs that get played twice when playing the albums they are on......oh .....forgot eyes of lara moon
and the butterfly man and several others. It's a nice dilema (spelling?) to have, having so many excellent songs to choose from.

I've finally made my mind up....Ascension.....probably.

Bupie

It's fine to have a new member who digs out old topics.  ;)

Spectre at the Feast for me.

marcello

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_7Y3RR84-qU&feature=related

This most certainly isnt, I dont know what the comments say, but its definatley not Arena whatsoever even though it says it is...
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

maddox

Quote from: marcello on Sun, 2008-02-03, 18:32:43

This most certainly isnt, I dont know what the comments say, but its definatley not Arena whatsoever even though it says it is...

:o :o :o

::)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Quote from: marcello on Sun, 2008-02-03, 18:32:43http://youtube.com/watch?v=_7Y3RR84-qU&feature=related

Ouch.... my head...
It sounds like our washing machine...

-Paco

Peter

Quote from: marcello on Sun, 2008-02-03, 18:32:43

Well, it says 'Arena Pride', could be the artist name, and "welcome to the cage" as track title... Just a funny coexistence of Arena'ish words ;)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Deenfan

I'd call it a tragic coincidence, Peter! :-\

Peter

Quote from: Deenfan on Mon, 2008-02-11, 10:43:45
I'd call it a tragic coincidence, Peter! :-\

You are so very right! ... ^^
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Poison Lies 2 Close 2 Us

now this is a difficult question...

I cannot pick just one song so here is a bunch

Cutting the Cards
Jericho
Tears in the Rain
Ascension
Enemy Without
Hanging Tree
Painted Man
Out of the Wilderness
Soloman

Bitter Harvest/City of Lanterns transitioning into Riding the Tide (is this not one of the most amazing parts of the album? Am I alone in feeling this way?)

Nicky007

So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me