News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Favourite Arena Track

Started by The Voyager, Thu, 2005-03-17, 16:03:27

Previous topic - Next topic

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: DigitalDream on Mon, 2005-04-18, 21:08:27
Hi,

my favourite Arena song is The Hanging Tree from the The Visitor Album  ;D

and this is the result from to much insperation from the song  ;)

http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=935451&Start=1&Artist=DigitalDream666&ByArtist=Yes

Regards

DigitalDream

It's bloody good!

Great work, DD!  :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

erik

Always hard to answer... Although this is easier than a top 5, then it gets REAL complicated. So just one: The Hanging Tree.

Remember very well hearing it the first time, shivers all over, especially when that huge dark theme erupts, the guitar solo at the end... Listening to this at a gig, eyes closed, is probably my ultimate Arena experience.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

marcello

Im sure we all agree this is a hard question to answer, but ive got my 2 favorite tracks: "Running from Damascus" and "The Butterfly Man". Still, i cant make a 100% honest oppinion because there are so many great songs to choose from  :-\
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

keyboardistmatt

That's a nice picture.... :)
I wonder where you got that from...? ;D

marcello

That's a nice picture....
I wonder where you got that from...?
On the Verglas website, then on "free e-postcards"  :D
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: marcello on Fri, 2005-07-15, 19:28:47
Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Fri, 2005-07-15, 18:44:58
That's a nice picture....
I wonder where you got that from...?
On the Verglas website, then on "free e-postcards"  :D

Hey...! You edited out my smileys!! :o

You owe me 2 for that one! :P

I would expect payment of 2 smileys either on a poll, or a reply. ;D

I thank you in advance for your co-operation and swift action in this matter... ;)

marcello

That's a nice picture....  :)
I wonder where you got that from...?  ;D
Wow, I never knew you could quote a quote! Here are you're missing smilies ^ (sorry, lol)

Herben

I just wanted to add a song that's not being mentioned, named Empire of a thousand days, it's also a great song with a lot of energy in it.
The couplet that speaks to me, is for all evil persons who killed other people because they say they are religious and following what they think is the will of God:

Can there be a heaven still,
for one who lies bleeding in the fields
A pardon for these actions and passions
Committed in the name of our salvation

I just wanted to say religion is meant to do good to other people and not to kill them, and I like that message very much, so thank You Clive
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

erik

Quote from: Herben on Sat, 2005-07-16, 10:27:37
I just wanted to add a song that's not being mentioned, named Empire of a thousand days, it's also a great song with a lot of energy in it.

Love that track, my favourite on Pride. Like to see it return in the live set!
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Highfire

There are many songs ... to many tho choose one, but if I was about to be lost and alone in a desert island with only one song (sometimes I wish it'd happen) ...  I'll take "Solomon" with me.
We have been chosen...

Herben

Quote from: erik on Tue, 2005-07-19, 12:31:05
Love that track, my favourite on Pride. Like to see it return in the live set!
Yes!!!! So I'm not the only one

Herben

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Mon, 2005-05-30, 19:14:31
It's bloody good!

Great work, DD!  :)

That's not a hanging tree in Your picture but a hanging guy or girl, who has hanged there for a while!!!!!!

Ian Lay

Revising an older topic.....

As has been mentioned, not easy to pick a favourite track.  I can honestly say that there is not one Arena track I don't like. 

If I had to pick one track then it would be Friday's Dream.  But The Butterfly Man, Running from Damascus, Valley of the Kings (mainly for Clive's lovely keyboard solo in the middle), A State of Grace, Vansishing Act and Opera Fanatica all run it close.

What no Contagion tracks I hear you cry?  Well I tend to look on Contagion as one complete piece of music and find it hard to pick particularly favourites from it as I like the whole album.

Cheers,

Ian
Worrying is like a rocking chair, it takes you for a ride, but gets you nowhere.

keyboardistmatt

Very true, Ian.  I tend to like Contagion with all relevant CDs in the player listening to the whole saga.  It rocks!  They're a rockin' band! Arena rock!  "Shall I say rock again?" The gig in London will be a rockin' night! ;D

Vanishing Act is a great track as well! :)

ace

For me Hanging Tree does it all!  :)
"Mess with the best, die like the rest"

johninblack

I think it would have to be Purgatory Road, or perhaps cutting the cards or maybe soloman. Too many really good songs to choose from but they tend to be the songs that get played twice when playing the albums they are on......oh .....forgot eyes of lara moon
and the butterfly man and several others. It's a nice dilema (spelling?) to have, having so many excellent songs to choose from.

Guillermo

Old stuff: Valley of the Kings, Medusa, Empire of thousand days, and of course, Solomon.
  Mid Period: All The Visitor album (masterpiece), The butterfly man and Friday´s dream
  New stuff: Riding the tide, Purgatory road and the live version of Midas Vision.
Permite que tu conciencia decida!

Piospy

KEEP ROCKIN'

Marina

Sérgio

erik

Quote from: Sérgio on Sun, 2005-10-23, 20:52:12
Jericho
Surely a live favourite of mine, together with Enemy Without, great jump-a-long songs  :)
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

cabo

got the immortal cd yesterday and i went bananas on "ghost in the firewall". What a great song!

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: cabo on Wed, 2005-10-26, 08:02:03
got the immortal cd yesterday and i went bananas on "ghost in the firewall". What a great song!

Ghost In The Firewall is an excellent track.  It's got alot of weird sounds in it.

Little Angel

That's a hard question!!!! I like all the stuff they made.....but I think Contagion is one of my fav albums.....from the beginning right to the end! I love Sirens, a pitty I never heard it live.....The only song that I don't like that much is Medusa......it's irritating me, why I don't know, the gig in Zoetermeer at september 16, Rob introduced the song as "specially for the women".......since than I skip the song when it comes along! I think it's the way it's been song....kind of whiny....(only with a heart of anger!!!) But ok what's one song on so many???? ;D ;D
Ab Imo Pectore