News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Favourite Arena Track

Started by The Voyager, Thu, 2005-03-17, 16:03:27

Previous topic - Next topic

The Voyager

One day Nick Barrett said that he would like to write such great track as Genesis number "Mad Man Moon".  :-* What are your preferences? I mean Arena's all-time favourite songs.

Teunis

My favorite track at the moment is 'The butterfly man'. It's the first song I heard from Arena by downloading it on the Arena website and now I'm an Arena fan. Also dig 'Moviedrome', what a variation on that song!.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2005-03-17, 19:07:26Also dig 'Moviedrome', what a variation on that song!.
Not so strange considering it's 'bout 20 minutes long ;) I't one of my fav's too!
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Mark Jan

Not very difficult mostly, but in case of Arena, I don't know. Can't choose. My favorites are: Solomon, The hanging tree, Tears in the rain and Moviedrome. Opera fanatica is also doing pretty well!  8)

Peter

At the moment undecided between "The Shattered Room" and "Purgatory Road"
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

The Voyager

Maybe, their "Solomon" is still number one for me. Differ from Mark Jan, I can't value "Movedrome" so much. Sorry. :(

Appelmoes??

I can't choose between moviedrome, jericho, solomon, vanishing act, friday's dream etc...

;D

My drawings on MySpace

Constable Hogweed

Phew so much great stuff to choose from. if pushed?
Solomon.

Mattias

The Fury

This is SO difficult!
I have answered this question some times before and with every album it gets harder.
Of course there will always be some all-time fave's such as Solomon, Sirens, Valley, Fool's Gold, Hanging Tree, Enemy, Breathe, Butterfly, Spectre, Cutting the Cards....
But to pick one best song out of all those...... But well, being an epic lover, the epic that really still does it for me is Solomon. The song has power and emotion that has not been equalled in any other song I know. It sounds a bit cheap having to say Solomon, but, well, honesty first :-)
Why do you laugh at my hopeless appeal for your mercy?

womble

My Top ten (in no particular order after the first place)

Hanging Tree and Mea Culpa in joint first place

Tears in the Rain
Riding the Tide
Opera Fanatica
Moviedrome
Solomon (that instrumental bit...)
The Healer
Crying for Help "x" (It's all the same, and you really should have known)
Painted Man

Spad

....surely Solomon.....
each listening is like the first time....

I fell in love with the Arena's sound ten years ago listening this track..... and the entire debut-album.... Unforgetable!!!
Does it to matter to you?
In the lions' cage we're all the same.

Ocean_Angel

Solomon, A Spectre at the Feast and Ascension (they all favorite tracks, but these 3 seem to touch my sould, for some reason or other). I feel in "love" with Rob's voice  :)

gelert

City Of Lanterns / Riding The Tide...for the time being anyway...

But I reserve the right to change my mind at any time, and for no apparent reason...  ;)
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Peter

Quote from: gelert on Wed, 2005-04-13, 20:07:04
City Of Lanterns / Riding The Tide...for the time being anyway...

But I reserve the right to change my mind at any time, and for no apparent reason...  ;)

Hmmm, do you think that's fair? How are we supposed to deal with such an inconsistency of mind...?!

gelert

Quote from: Peter on Wed, 2005-04-13, 20:21:55
Hmmm, do you think that's fair? How are we supposed to deal with such an inconsistency of mind...?!
Women, eh...! Can't live with them...can't live without them...!  ;D
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

DigitalDream

Hi,

my favourite Arena song is The Hanging Tree from the The Visitor Album  ;D

and this is the result from to much insperation from the song  ;)

http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=935451&Start=1&Artist=DigitalDream666&ByArtist=Yes

Regards

DigitalDream

Peter

Quote from: DigitalDream on Mon, 2005-04-18, 21:08:27and this is the result from to much insperation from the song  ;)

Nice work, how do you do it?

DigitalDream

The Picture was made with Vue de Esprit 5 Infinite a 3D Render Program Infos look at

http://www.e-onsoftware.com

Regards

DigitalDream

Appelmoes??

Quote from: gelert on Sun, 2005-04-17, 20:01:28
Women, eh...! Can't live with them...can't live without them...!  ;D
Almost correct... Here's how it goes: "Women, can't live with em... Can't kill em" (From True Lies if my memory is correct)

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

Quote from: DigitalDream on Mon, 2005-04-18, 21:08:27
Hi,

my favourite Arena song is The Hanging Tree from the The Visitor Album  ;D

and this is the result from to much insperation from the song  ;)

http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=935451&Start=1&Artist=DigitalDream666&ByArtist=Yes

Regards

DigitalDream

Welcome DD,

There's a future for you in the Prog CD Artwork business...

Nice one.

solomon62

What a difficult choise!  :-[
I consider myself very lucky  :) to have the opportunity to choose each time among this great number of masterpieces, having all their works.
But if I have to give an answer ... Solomon, Sirens, Moviedrome, Hanging Tree, Tears In The Rain, The Visitor, Shattered Rooms, Empire Of ...., Friday's Dream, Waiting For The Flood, .... Sorry me, I can't make such a selection   :)
Solomon62 (it's not a joke!!  ;))

keyboardistmatt

Right, in chronological order then...

Solomon, -just because it's good and it goes a bit mad at the end!
Medusa, -because it's also good and the keyboard line is good.
In The Blink Of An Eye, -because it asks interesting questions.
Moviedrome, -because it changes so much, and I also play the beginning of it when I walk through Westminster underground station.  ???  It just seems to fit to me!  ;)
Salamander, -because it's a catchy song.
Vanishing Act, -theres just something about this one!
Confrontation, -because this is exactly how confrontation music should sound. It's the guitar work!  8)
Purgatory Road, -because of the chorus.
Opera Fanatica, -for the instrumental work, and the line "The King is dead, so worship me..."
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Noah

Hmmm.... that's hard!

At the moment:  Salamander or Smoke and Mirrors.

Don't ask me why..... just love them!

Deenfan

It's a tie:

Witch hunt (the perfect start to a wonderful album)

Ascension (the perfect ending to a wonderful album)

Opera fanatica (just brilliant!)

I really admire the song writing skill and the artistry that lies behind songs like these. It's a humbling experience...