News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Top albums

Started by Nicky007, Mon, 2013-10-07, 16:43:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

Here is my list, based on albums I pick first when going on holidays, childhood, special memories and bands I discovered this year and am very impressed with:

Anathema - Weather Systems
Arena - Contagion
Asia - Asia
Asia Featuring John Payne - Aria
Ayreon - Into The Electric Castle
Days Between Stations - In Extremis
DeeExpus - King Of Number 33
Electric Light Orchestra - Out Of The Blue
Fischer-Z - Red Skies Over Paradise
Frost* - Milliontown
Gazpacho - Tick Tock
IQ - Frequency
Kayak - Merlin
Knight Area - Nine Paths
Steve Lukather - Candyman
Neal Morse - Testimony Two
Muse - The Resistance
Mystery - The World Is A Game
Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky
Pendragon - The Window Of Life
Queen - Made In Heaven
Rocket Scientists - Oblivion Days
Shadow Gallery - Carved In Stone
Steve Thorne - Emotional Creatures Part One
Toto - Kingdome Of Desire
John Watts - The Iceberg Model
John Wetton - Battle Lines
Wolverine - Communication Lost
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Teunis

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2013-10-23, 21:10:55
Give me a couple of links, Bupie ...  ;)

I'm not Bupie, but these are the most famous ABC songs:
The Look Of Love

All Of My Heart

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2013-10-27, 09:09:06
Here is my list, based on albums I pick first when going on holidays, childhood, special memories and bands I discovered this year and am very impressed with:

*List*

Nice list Teunis! Only one album per band (apart from Asia, but I guess you could see both eras as two different bands).
Good to see Frost* in there. I was really impressed with it when it came out.
I also see ELO's "Out Of The Blue" being mentioned by you and also Iggy. I really like that album too. If I want something to cheer me up, this album is one of the few that can do it for me. Also, it's a perfect transition album between pop and prog. I've yet to meet the person who really hates this album. Every song could have been a hit.
I was also blown away by Neal Morse's "Testimony Two". I think it's much better that "Testimony 1".

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2013-10-27, 09:14:01
I'm not Bupie

Why not? ;D

Bupie

Well, because he lives way too far North. But I could share most of its list ... even if it lacks a bit of metal  :)

Teunis

Quote from: PH
Nice list Teunis! Only one album per band (apart from Asia, but I guess you could see both eras as two different bands).
Thanks. Indeed, I consider Asia and Asia FJP two different bands. I know Asia from my brother who played it during my childhood. Heat Of The Moment, Only Time Will Tell 8). And the 'Aria' album is always with me on holidays, love it.

Good to see Frost* in there. I was really impressed with it when it came out.
Yeah, Frost* rules, bring on studio album III  *horns*

I also see ELO's "Out Of The Blue" being mentioned by you and also Iggy. I really like that album too. If I want something to cheer me up, this album is one of the few that can do it for me. Also, it's a perfect transition album between pop and prog. I've yet to meet the person who really hates this album. Every song could have been a hit.
No fillers on this album, love it from start to finish! And I own a live DVD 'Out Of The Blue' live at Wembley. Great stuff.

I was also blown away by Neal Morse's "Testimony Two". I think it's much better that "Testimony 1".
There just has to be a NM album in my list. Saw him live at the Testimony Two tour, really fantastic.

Quote from: Bupie
Well, because he lives way too far North. But I could share most of its list ... even if it lacks a bit of metal  :)
;). You're right, only Shadow Gallery and Wolverine. Well, I own and dig all Shadow Gallery albums and could have added Threshold's 'March of Progress.

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2013-10-27, 13:41:48
Every song could have been a hit.

Agree ! Out Of The Blue was my fave album for some time. Played it over and over again. I like it just as much as A New World Record. It's just that ANWR was the revelation for me  *horns*

Probably hard for you guys to imagine that ELO and Oldfield were my fave groups/artists once upon a time. Guess I had more normal taste then  :o

Quote from: Bupie on Sun, 2013-10-27, 17:33:23
Well, because he lives way too far North  ... even if it lacks a bit of metal

Both of you guys live south and lack some metal, so you'r the same to me  :P

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me