News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Best albums of 2011 (so far)

Started by funkster, Fri, 2011-11-04, 16:12:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

Quote from: Iggy on Sat, 2011-12-24, 15:15:25
My most listened to 2011 releases according to lastfm

8) Iggy

As you have good taste (read: Iggy's taste is close to Nicky's)  :)  I'v noted the groups and albums that I'm not familiar with for checking out  ;)

Naturally Fly From Here arrives as nb 1. Great album  *horns*

Mad, I'v done the same thing with your list  8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Nicky007

As I don't want to (try to) grade my fave albums, here they are in alphabetical order:

Anthrax:  Worship Music
Arena:  Seventh Degree
Dream Theater:  Dramatic
Haken:  Visions
Opeth:  Heritage
Symphony X:  Iconoclast
Yes:  Fly From Here

Only two real surprises:  Anthrax became a pantheon group with me as late as 2011, and that Fly From Here was that good  *horns*

Albums that most certainly will become faves of 2011: 

Mastodon:  The Hunter
Trivium:  In Waves
Steven Wilson:  Grace For Drowning

I'v now ordered SW's album, and with all the enthusiasm that I'v heard, among other places in the Room, I'm looking very much forward to listening to it.

Albums that probably will become faves of 2011, as the groups are pantheon with me:

Pain of Salvation:  Road Salt Two
3:  The Ghost You Gave to Me

Ten's Stormwarning is a fine album, but it doesnt grip me the way Chronicles, Essential, and Babylon did. These are visionary and exciting (all three), and musically progressive (mainly Chronicles). I can't really say that about Stormwarning. Losing Chris Francis - super guitarist and more - was detrimental to Ten  :(

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2011-11-04, 17:13:00
Kamelot - Poetry for the Poisoned

Mad, this album was released in 2010 ;)

It will probably also become a fave with me (for 2010), once I get it and listen to it  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

Cool Iggy! Those are quite a few nice releases there!