News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now watching

Started by funkster, Mon, 2009-11-09, 17:03:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

Neal Morse - Live Momentum
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Tue, 2015-08-04, 18:23:34
Neal Morse - Live Momentum

What an excellent DVD! I've seen it a few times and it's one of the best live DVDs I know. It's a shame that Adson Sodre is not part of the band anymore. That guy is amazing!

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2015-08-04, 18:43:23
What an excellent DVD!
Yes, except for the out of sync parts and the Question Mark Suite, where the images stand still at some time, at least at my copy :-\.

Now watching: Arena - Caught In The Act. Nearly the whole Contagion album live and more *horns*.

Teunis

Because of the rain I've been watching the Gazpacho DVD 'Night Of The Demon'. And after that Subsignal - Out There Must Be Something ~ Live In Mannheim. Both very enjoyable, looking forward to their new studio albums!

PH

I love BBC First!

Today I've been watching episodes of "Death In Paradise" (which is a lighthearted detective series) and "Critical" (a thrilling medical drama).
The latter makes my adrenaline going. Just checked on wikipedia and found out that the series is cancelled after only one season... Why do they always do this....

Anyone here who likes these series?

funkster

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2015-09-15, 23:12:35
I love BBC First!

Today I've been watching episodes of "Death In Paradise" (which is a lighthearted detective series) and "Critical" (a thrilling medical drama).
The latter makes my adrenaline going. Just checked on wikipedia and found out that the series is cancelled after only one season... Why do they always do this....

Anyone here who likes these series?

Death in paradise is great fun even with the change in lead character. fans of Red Dwarf will notice the cat , danny john jules , in it

PH

I like all characters, but Dwayne is the best. Though I haven't seen actual Red Dwarf episodes I do know that that's the series he's known for. I also really like Humphrey. Actually I don't think I've seen episodes with the previous inspector.

Peter

MLB live: Texas Rangers @ Toronto Blue Jays, 4:4, top 9th, 1 out

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Peter

Rangers won 6:4 after 14 innings... what a long game...

Bupie

I am a big sports fan, I watch a huge variety of them (Australian football being my last discovery, loving it  *horns*) but baseball and his cousin cricket, I can't get used to them. Too bad because it's the start of the cricket season here in Australia  :P   

Peter

I only stumbled across Baseball a few weeks ago, when our cable provider opened a channel that shows US sports.

I still don't know if I really like it, cos there's so little happening in so much time. It happened to me more than once that in the critical moments I was looking away.

Teunis

Have been watching the Anathema DVD 'A Sort Of Homecoming' by the YouTube app on my smart TV. Didn't buy it, because it's acoustic. Liked it, nice atmosphere, but a whole DVD bores the pants off me. I don't mind a few songs acoustic, but I prefer the 'plugged' stuff.

Teunis

Toto - 35th Anniversary ~ Live In Poland  *horns*

Teunis

Pallas - Moment To Moment. Excellent performance, really love the voice of Alan Reed. Don't like Pallas without him :-\.

PH

I was half expecting you'd have watched Arena's XX DVD.

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2016-02-20, 19:28:21
I was half expecting you'd have watched Arena's XX DVD.
Me too, but my record store only received the 2cd, not the DVD yet. He expects it in a week. Too bad ...

PH

Still watching Star Trek. I think you can call me a Trekker now (not Trekkie of course, you silly!).
I'm nearing the end of season 5 of Deep Space Nine and the end of season 3 of Voyager.
Voyager is more in line with The Next Generation, but I do like DS9 too. I think Maddox might be right in saying that Voyager is the best of the Star Trek series.
Enjoying it very much.

Teunis

Have watched 'XX' by a band called 'Arena'. Excellent performance, music was top notch as always. The images were so now and then not sharp by using red lights on the stage which was a bit disturbing, but later on it went better. Awesome, 'Moviedrome' and 'Solomon' are classic but the whole concert is great! *horns*

PH

Just finished A.C.T's new dvd "Trifles And Pandemonium".

You know, I had this idea, to watch the first half of the concert tonight, the second half tomorrow and the bonuses (2 hours worth of interviews/documentary) to spread out over the weekend. But once I started I just couldn't stop! So I've watched the full three and a half hour A.C.T goodness at once! If you are an A.C.T fan, these bonus videos are pretty cool!
And the live concert is very well played. It's actually a live in studio sort of thing. There's no audience (too bad :( I'm missing the live ambience a bit...), it's more like a 90 minute music video. (Big Big Train will also release such a dvd this year.) Still good though, I enjoyed it so much. It's like a "best of" and a testament of the band.

I've seen them live in 2007, they are really good. Man, what am I saying? They're one of my absolute favourite bands! I hope they will come back to The Netherlands again. I'll be there. And I just hope that if they do, they'll film it for a real live release. ::) ;D

Still, very glad I got this! Any A.C.T release is fine with me. I'm hoping they won't let us wait another ten years for another studio album!!

Teunis

Frost* - The Rockfield Files. What a fun DVD with *horns* music. So looking forward to the new album, which will be released next month  8).

Teunis

Roger Waters - In The Flesh ~ Live

Teunis

Have been watching the live DVD that was added to the Fischer-Z album 'This Is My Universe'. It contains 9 tracks: 'Live At Studio Nord, Bremen 2015'. It was a nice watch though I found the parts of an interview after each and every song a bit annoying. Would have preferred one interview section after the live show. But for 5 euros more it is money well spent, glad I bought it 8).

Teunis

Star One - Live On Earth  *horns*

The memory ... so glad I was in the audience that particular evening 8).

keyboardistmatt

The video for Distubed's cover of "The Sound Of Silence" on YouTube.
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

maddox

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Thu, 2016-06-02, 08:11:46
The video for Distubed's cover of "The Sound Of Silence" on YouTube.

That one is actually quite good.
With a nasty bite, but enjoyable.  *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.