Author Topic: Now watching  (Read 59185 times)

Offline PH

• Beyond Reckoning
  • Before we're raised up He's got to break us down.
Re: Now watching
« Reply #525 on: Thu, 2017-02-09, 21:20:53 »
Besides listening to music, I also had time to watch some various Marillion songs on YouTube.
I think it's time to purchase a Marillion DVD (or BluRay) again.
I'm thinking "Out Of The Box" might be a good one. Anyone who knows it?

Offline Teunis

• Beyond Reckoning
  • Prog rules
« Reply #526 on: Sun, 2017-03-05, 21:35:18 »
I think it's time to purchase a Marillion DVD (or BluRay) again.
I'm thinking "Out Of The Box" might be a good one. Anyone who knows it?
Sorry, totally not into Marillion :).

Friday a full concert from Blind Ego was uploaded to YouTube. Played it yesterday evening, great stuff *horns*.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChibQMID4tc

I do really like the YouTube app on my smart TV 8).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Offline Nicky007

• Beyond Reckoning
  • License to live and let live
« Reply #527 on: Wed, 2017-03-15, 20:17:45 »
Sorry, totally not into Marillion :).

Not either Fish-Marillion, Teunis ? They're pantheon with me. I'm sure Cap will second me on this one - oh, these lovely Room traditions :-*

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Offline Teunis

• Beyond Reckoning
  • Prog rules
« Reply #528 on: Sat, 2017-03-18, 19:04:40 »
Not either Fish-Marillion, Teunis ?
No, don't find myself playing Marillion albums that often. Did try it a lot, but somehow it doesn't seem to click. Some nice songs, but overall the music seems to be too difficult for me I'm afraid.

Offline Teunis

• Beyond Reckoning
  • Prog rules
« Reply #529 on: Mon, 2017-04-17, 20:27:16 »
IQ - Subterranea  8)

Offline funkster

• More Than Most
« Reply #530 on: Wed, 2017-04-26, 11:49:47 »
Line of duty - best British TV show for ages

Offline PH

• Beyond Reckoning
« Reply #531 on: Fri, 2017-05-26, 18:05:25 »
I've been watching Prison Break. Anyone seen this series? I've finished the fourth season, and sort of glad it's over. The last twelve (or so) episodes were a total stretch.
A fifth season is airing now, and I'll probably go see it, but not immediately...

Also, I watched the first disc of the "Morsefest! 2015" Blu-Ray.
Two of my favourite Morse albums ("?" and "Sola Scriptura") played live. I was really moved a couple times. I was really surprised by the Question Mark Overture, because the actual album doesn't have one. And it's a good one!

I've only just seen the first disc, but it's weekend now, so there should be time for the second disc!

Offline maddox

• Beyond Reckoning
  • No effects were harmed in the making of this sound
    • Mad's Last.FM page
« Reply #532 on: Sun, 2017-06-04, 22:08:52 »
Netflix is bliss.
Somewhat addicted to it.
Daredevil, Iron Fist, Johnny Cage, The 100, 3%....
I want to watch them all! :)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Offline PH

• Beyond Reckoning
« Reply #533 on: Mon, 2017-06-05, 09:19:36 »
Daredevil, Iron Fist, Johnny Cage, The 100, 3%....
I want to watch them all! :)

I think you mean Luke Cage, since Johnny Cage seems to be a character from the Mortal Kombat fighting game franchise.
So how are those Marvel superheroes tv series? They are all connected to each other right? If I want to check it out, where should I start?

The 100, I've seen a couple of episodes. It was alright, I might check it out again.
And what is 3% about?

At the moment I'm not really following any series on Netflix. Waiting for the new Star Trek series and now it's just paying each month without seeing much, actually.

Offline maddox

• Beyond Reckoning
  • No effects were harmed in the making of this sound
    • Mad's Last.FM page
« Reply #534 on: Thu, 2017-09-28, 20:18:05 »
I think you mean Luke Cage, since Johnny Cage seems to be a character from the Mortal Kombat fighting game franchise.

Yep, you're right. I meant Luke Cage.
Blond moment on my side. ;)

So how are those Marvel superheroes tv series? They are all connected to each other right? If I want to check it out, where should I start?

I started with the Iron Fist, just randomly actually.
I don't think it's important which serie you begin with. During the seasons the heroes frequently appear in other series, and sometimes the reason is about the Hand.
I do think you should watch The Defenders last.
All the heroes (Daredevil, Luke Cage, The Iron Fist and Jessica Jones) appear in this serie, where fighting the Hand and resurrected Electra is the main priority.
Daredevil itself is sometimes quite harsh but that's not very different from the comics. Personally he's my favourite character.
Luke Cage begins as a man that doesn't want to be the hero, but it does get dull from time to time.
To much ghetto-mentality and the music that comes with it. (Rap, hiphop etc)
It does get better over time.
The Iron Fist goes a reverse path.
Starts really good but when the road progress' and he gets involved as a chairman in his fathers company, it gets a bit directionless. A bit too much 'I want to be the good guy'.

The 100, I've seen a couple of episodes. It was alright, I might check it out again.

Definitely worth to check this serie.
The main characters Clarke Griffin and Bellamy Blake start of as adversaries but during the seasons they become the leaders of the 100 and they both realise they need each other to cope with any danger that lands on their path.
I can't wait for season 5, starts, if all goes well, in februari/march next year.

And what is 3% about?

3% is a Portugese serie about two sides on a devastated planet Earth.
The wealthy caste and the poor.
There is an island where the wealthy people live, but that's not the majority.
The majority are the poor.
During battles and tests the poor has the opportunity to cross the ocean and be a part of the island but sadly, only 3% of those who tries are accepted to enter.
Both the 100 and 3% are mainly for the young adult viewers but if your your at heart... ;)

At the moment I'm not really following any series on Netflix. Waiting for the new Star Trek series and now it's just paying each month without seeing much, actually.

Well there's plenty to watch on Netflix, even the movies are worth while. Better than Ziggo horizon in my opinion.
Ziggo does have Game of Thrones...That's a great serie as well.
Hmm, choices... ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Offline PH

• Beyond Reckoning
« Reply #535 on: Fri, 2017-09-29, 16:57:39 »
Since I asked the question I have already started. I started the Marvel Universe with "Daredevil" season 1, then "Jessica Jones" season 1, next the second season of "Daredevil", then "Luke Cage" and now half way with "Iron Fist". In retrospect, I think that's actually the best route to take, because it's the way the series aired. Characters get introduced and come back in other series (Claire Temple most notably).

Daredevil itself is sometimes quite harsh but that's not very different from the comics. Personally he's my favourite character.

Never read any of the comics. "Daredevil" is also my favourite. What I like about these characters is that it's actually not overdone (well not too much anyway). Matt Murdock is just a normal human being who trained his hearing and other senses because he lost his sight.

"Jessica Jones", I also really liked, because I like the concept of film noir. The main bad guy was a bit overdone though. Jessica is also a really believable character. Ok, she's really strong, but she's not fighting all the time like in the other series. Mad, you didn't mention "Jessica Jones". Did you see it?

Luke Cage begins as a man that doesn't want to be the hero, but it does get dull from time to time.
To much ghetto-mentality and the music that comes with it. (Rap, hiphop etc)
It does get better over time.

"Luke Cage" was alright. I did like it. After "Daredevil" (which is indeed pretty violent at times), and "Jessica Jones" (which is more focused on psychological drama and trauma) , "Luke Cage" is a lot more light-hearted. Like you said, there's this focus on the ghetto and these 'tough guys' (which I find laughable). Still, some of the music was OK and did its job well of bringing me in this world. After a while I was a bit bored and glad it was done.

The Iron Fist goes a reverse path.
Starts really good but when the road progress' and he gets involved as a chairman in his fathers company, it gets a bit directionless. A bit too much 'I want to be the good guy'.

I'm now halfway "Iron Fist" but so far I like this the least. This character has a magic hand... It's the least believable of the four series. The main character, Danny, seems to be a guy who totally lost it. Of course he was outside of civilized society for most of his life, but still.

Definitely worth to check this serie.
The main characters Clarke Griffin and Bellamy Blake start of as adversaries but during the seasons they become the leaders of the 100 and they both realise they need each other to cope with any danger that lands on their path.
I can't wait for season 5, starts, if all goes well, in februari/march next year.

So I have to catch up with four seasons. ;D It's still on my list. I'll make sure to watch it in time for season 5 then.

3% is a Portugese serie about two sides on a devastated planet Earth.
The wealthy caste and the poor.
There is an island where the wealthy people live, but that's not the majority.
The majority are the poor.
During battles and tests the poor has the opportunity to cross the ocean and be a part of the island but sadly, only 3% of those who tries are accepted to enter.
Both the 100 and 3% are mainly for the young adult viewers but if your your at heart... ;)

Yup, I've seen this one too now. Really liked it!! Very interesting. I really like this kind of tv series. I'm looking forward to a second season.

Well there's plenty to watch on Netflix, even the movies are worth while. Better than Ziggo horizon in my opinion.
Ziggo does have Game of Thrones...That's a great serie as well.

Most of the time I don't have time for a full movie. 40-60 minutes is ideal for me. So series it is. The problem with a movie is that when I DO have time, I want to watch something that I really like. When I watch a movie and find out that I didn't like it, I feel I wasted two (sometimes even three) hours...  ::)