News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Jabberwocky

Started by Oliver Twist, Tue, 2005-02-22, 02:35:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver Twist

Currently listening to this on my new headphones - a bit misty eyed as well. What a beautiful album. I think I prefer this to The Hound! Tracey just SOARS and it sounds so effortless. Wonderful.
web.mac.com/ianmoff  - iChat/AIM: ianmoff
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do your ears a favour - www.radioparadise.com

Clive

Er... but the film has already been made.... ???

Moonloop

(thinks) Must've been sometime in the late seventies or early eighties if I remember correctly. Half the Python cast and the bloke from Dad's Army. It's probably available on DVD now.
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Simtere

It certainly is available on DVD currently only 6.99 (UK) on play.com
(I have no connection with play.com - just trying to help readers out here ;)  )

Solomon

I totally agree with your perception of this fine album. I am personally on my third copy of the CD. I have this bad habit of lending the better albums, and then never getting them back.

After I have just listened to Hound I would then take exception to your relative judgement, but then I listen to Jabberwocky again and my judgement becomes questionable as to their relative merits.

I have Jabberwocky in my home CD and Hound in my car CD. Occasionally they get switched over.

I would say that the Baron just goes from strength to strength.

gelert

Quote from: Solomon on Sat, 2005-03-05, 16:52:34
I have Jabberwocky in my home CD and Hound in my car CD. Occasionally they get switched over.

I'd have to buy a bigger car, to fit the home CD in it...  ;)

but...
Quote from: Solomon on Sat, 2005-03-05, 16:52:34
I would say that the Baron just goes from strength to strength.

...it's very nice of you to say so, but I'm a Crown Prince now...  ;D
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Deenfan

I always thought Hound was better, but there is a certain mood about Jabberwocky that just grabs me when I hear it. And then I think it's better than Hound, only to fall back into old habit later on. Must be two decent albums! ;)

My favourite is every time Bob Catley makes his entrance. He has a wonderful voice, and he lifts the song immediately, every time.

Anything on the drawing board for a third collaboration?

The Voyager

Both are good. But I hope, the next effort of Clive and Oliver will be better, than predecessors. I'd like to listen. Rachel Johns there!  :)

gelert

Due to an edit by Mein Herr O. Twisty, the start of this thread doesn't make sense any more...

...or does it...?

Too much and not enough...

...lager, that is...  ;D
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

keyboardistmatt

It's that keyboard solo in 'The Mission'.

Pure class!
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Appelmoes??

I bought Jabberwocky after the extra gig in Zoetermeer. I just asked about a solo project from Clive and 'Smeagol' gave me Jabberwocky. On the back I saw the names Clive Nolan and Karl Groom, so it could only be good music :) And I was right. I think the album has a very unique sound and I like it very much.
The instrumental song 'Shadows' is my favourite and 'Comming to Town' is close second.

Great job Clive and Oliver!

Question: How does Jabberwocky compare to other projects from Clive?
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:46:07
Question: How does Jabberwocky compare to other projects from Clive?
There's a whole lot more keyboards in it!! ;D

PH

Oooohhh The Hound is good!!

Haven't listened to Jabberwocky...

intruder

I like them both, but I think the Jabberwocky does not have much of a story to it, and not much narration really to tell you a story. Even though the naration was done by my god of the keyboards Mr. Rick Wakeman. But the Hounds of the Baskervilles I would have to say, is a big improvement on the Jabberwocky. It has a good story line, and is narated by a real actor Robert Powel. Who certainly is no stranger to the world of naration, and does a real proper job of it here. I also think it is also musically constructed better than the Jabberwocky. But don't get me wrong, they are both pleasureable albums to listen to.

johninblack

Quote from: intruder on Wed, 2006-11-29, 19:25:04
I like them both, but I think the Jabberwocky does not have much of a story to it, and not much narration really to tell you a story. Even though the naration was done by my god of the keyboards Mr. Rick Wakeman. But the Hounds of the Baskervilles I would have to say, is a big improvement on the Jabberwocky. It has a good story line, and is narated by a real actor Robert Powel. Who certainly is no stranger to the world of naration, and does a real proper job of it here. I also think it is also musically constructed better than the Jabberwocky. But don't get me wrong, they are both pleasureable albums to listen to.

That would be my opinion also.

PH

I have been listening to Jabberwocy more and more now. And I have to say that I really like both. And in my opinion they're absolutely equal.
Jabberwocky has more lovely melodic songs, while The Hound has the more aggressive and arena-like songs.

maddox

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2006-11-30, 09:52:04
Jabberwocky has more lovely melodic songs, while The Hound has the more aggressive and arena-like songs.

And that's exactly the reason why i think The Hound is better than Jabberwocky.

Which doesn't mean that i dislike Jabberwocky.  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

keyboardistmatt

I love 'Seldon'.  The vocal is so powerful, (Tear through the sky like a knife)  and the organ is fantastic! :)