News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Daily Cost

Started by h9, Sun, 2008-11-30, 04:55:54

Previous topic - Next topic

h9

Hi everybody. I just want to share and compare the standard living cost in every country.
I will start with myself. There are two different standard cost in my country.
Firstly, 'Village standard'. My origin place is such a village that far from the crowd. So, don't ever imagine a prog community there (the most musical genre that accepted by everyone is Dangdut)   :-X
In this place for 3 meals a day I just need 7,500 rupiahs or equivalent to 0,6 Euro.
For every meals, it contains a portion of rice, egg, and vegetable plus two pieces of fermented soybean and Sweet hot tea. (hmmmmh, i'm sure you will say that it just a 'real' cheap meals there)
The second standard is town standard. It occur in big city like Jakarta and Surabaya. In this place I need 8,000 rupiahs to get a meal composition like in 'village'. So, if I need 3 times a day, It needs 24,000 rupiahs or equivalent to 1,8 euro.
As a conclusion, I need at least 1,8 euro per day to live normally in Jakarta (Indonesia).
What about in your place?

Nicky007

Hanin, in Copenhagen, Denmark, I can buy a dry bun for 0,6 Euro. For 1,8 Euro I can prepare a simple meal for myself. A bag with 500 g Basmati rice costs about 3 Euro, just to give a general impression of the cost level here.

I can buy 0,33 l of good beer for 1,5 Euro. (In a pressed situation, I'l buy a beer for half that.)

Quote from: h9 on Sun, 2008-11-30, 04:55:54
For every meal, it contains a portion of rice, egg, and vegetable plus two pieces of fermented soybean and Sweet hot tea. (hmmmmh, i'm sure you will say that it just a 'real' cheap meals there)

Sounds great, just the right meal for me. Well, maybe not every day, but once or twice a week. And there's gotta be fresh garlic, ginger, and paprika of some sorts in it  (hey, where's the saliva-drippin smiley)  :D

Hope that city life hasnt misled you to more meateatin, Hanin.

Nicky.

So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me