News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Shadowland on tour?

Started by bluepony, Mon, 2008-09-29, 15:58:31

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

Quote from: bluepony on Tue, 2009-02-03, 14:36:26
Well... it's a weekend... so you can't say "I can't go to the gig because I have to go to school/work the next morning"! ;)

:D Yeah I know.
But it's on a saturday and I'm used to go to church on sunday morning. ;)
It's not a really big issue, but it means I need to have a train back to home... and that means that I am bound to train travel times...

Or...

Or someone gives me a ride back home! ;D Anyone??

-Paco

jorja

lit seems not so long to wait for  ;).... and... I'm just wonder did there will be more dates..... in other countrys.... and sure I have only two of three Shadz albums .... of course would like to get that 'best of...'.... and maybe this one what I missed... or maybe after those twelve years Shadz will make new album with fresh and true Shadowland sound  *ola* ::)

PH

Quote from: jorja on Tue, 2009-02-03, 19:47:16
lit seems not so long to wait for  ;).... and... I'm just wonder did there will be more dates..... in other countrys....

Riffs - UK

15.02.2009 | 19.00
Pub Rock Cafe - Poland

Wyspianski Theatre - Poland

Spirit of 66 - Belgium

De Boerderij - Netherlands

Die Halle - Germany

Bergkeller - Germany

Zentrum Altenburg - Germany

That's all for now, I guess...
But there will always be the DVD you can watch! :)

and sure I have only two of three Shadz albums ....
Then you're very lucky. I got none... :( :( :'( :'(

of course would like to get that 'best of...'.... and maybe this one what I missed... or maybe after those twelve years Shadz will make new album with fresh and true Shadowland sound  *ola* ::)

That would be wonderful! 8)

I hope they will repress the first three albums and bring a fourth album too!! ;D

-Paco

Clive

The main plan is to see how things go with these gigs.. and the sale of the 'Matter of Perspective' (best of album with new material).
It would be great to do more Shadowland stuff, and we are hoping to play at least a few more gigs later in the year.

So.. support us now, and we'll stick around..;)

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Clive on Wed, 2009-02-04, 10:43:53

Can't be fairer than that! ;)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

bluepony

Quote from: Clive on Wed, 2009-02-04, 10:43:53

Done that - I've ordered my tickets for the Frankfurt gig.  :)

JJ II

Okay, let's get back on topic....

Who went to see one of the gigs and how was it??

bluepony

I went - to the one in Verviers - but I forgot to bring my camera. (stupid goldfish brain!!) >:(

It was GREAT!!!

So good actually that I will go and see them again tomorrow. ;D

And hopefully NOT forget my camera...

JJ II

setlist, details...?

how was Gary as support? l

bluepony

Gary Chandler was great, although his guitar went out of tune all the time (at least he said so - I didn't notice quite as often as he re-tuned it). I'm not familiar with Jadis, so please don't ask me for songs... I just know that I liked what I heard!

Same for Shadowland - GREAT gig!! - but I really think you should all go and see yourselves! I wouldn't want to spoil the fun for you. ;D

Heavy

What happened to the Oberhausen Gig? Why was it canceled?

erik

Went to the gig at the Boerderij in Zoetermeer yesterday, wonderful gig and a lof of fun!! *horns* Great to see and hear Shadowland live for the first time (first time for me that is). Excellent setlist which more or less contained everything I wanted to hear (the more or less part = Half Moon Street and Through The Looking Glass :P). Although Clive dubbed it "the danger track" that brings bad luck, they did play U.S.I. which is one of my absolute favourites. I really had been looking forward to hear it live, expecially the uptempo part with those infectious keyboard riffs. The epic Hall Of Mirrors was an unexpected and very welcome suprise and the new track Edge Of Night was a real treat, makes one long even more for a new Shadowland album!

Clive, how about releasing an Edge Of Night EP/single, for those like me who have the three original albums (i.e. the SI versions of the first two, which I prefer because of the artwork and nostalgia over the Verglas rereleases, no longer available anyway) and therefore don't need the best of album but are sadly missing no less than four tracks of the concise Shadowland catalogue:

Edge Of Night EP
1. Edge Of Night
2. Dorian Gray
3. I, Judas
4. So The Music Stops

One can alyways ask and hope ::)

Anyway, the setlist was something like this (don't remember the exact order):

1. A Matter Of Perspective
2. The Hunger

The Whisteblower
Mephisto Bridge
The Kruhulick Syndrome
Painting By Numbers
The Waking Hour
Hall Of Mirrors
Edge Of Night
The Seventh Year
U.S.I. (United States Of Insanity)

11. Jigsaw

Encore:
12. Dreams Of The Ferryman
13. Ring Of Roses

P.S. Cool to see Gary Chandler wearing the T-shirt of the so-called  Luv Ambassadors World Tour, the Jadis/Shadowland tour from the early '90s.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

erik

Quote from: erik on Sun, 2009-02-22, 20:53:13
Clive, how about releasing an Edge Of Night EP/single, for those like me who have the three original albums (i.e. the SI versions of the first two, which I prefer because of the artwork and nostalgia over the Verglas rereleases, no longer available anyway) and therefore don't need the best of album but are sadly missing no less than four tracks of the concise Shadowland catalogue:

Edge Of Night EP
1. Edge Of Night
2. Dorian Gray
3. I, Judas
4. So The Music Stops

One can alyways ask and hope ::)

But seriously, could it be included in the upcoming DVD? Preferably as an audio bonus disc of course 8) Maybe as bonus material on the DVD? Would be great!
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: erik on Sun, 2009-02-22, 20:53:13
Went to the gig at the Boerderij in Zoetermeer yesterday, wonderful gig and a lof of fun!! *horns* Great to see and hear Shadowland live for the first time (first time for me that is). Excellent setlist which more or less contained everything I wanted to hear (the more or less part = Half Moon Street and Through The Looking Glass :P). Although Clive dubbed it "the danger track" that brings bad luck, they did play U.S.I. which is one of my absolute favourites. I really had been looking forward to hear it live, expecially the uptempo part with those infectious keyboard riffs. The epic Hall Of Mirrors was an unexpected and very welcome suprise and the new track Edge Of Night was a real treat, makes one long even more for a new Shadowland album!

I planned on going to see Shadowland in Zoetermeer, but in the end I couldn't quite make it. Judging by your review I missed a great gig!... :-\

But at least my uncle bought the 'new' cd for me, so I'm gonna pick it up later today. Looking forward to it! :)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

erik

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2009-02-23, 12:41:03
I planned on going to see Shadowland in Zoetermeer, but in the end I couldn't quite make it. Judging by your review I missed a great gig!... :-\

But at least my uncle bought the 'new' cd for me, so I'm gonna pick it up later today. Looking forward to it! :)

Tom
Too bad, you sure did miss a great gig! But there's a live DVD coming up from the gig in Poland, so you can still see/hear them live indirectly. Is the Matter Of Perspective album your first Shadowland album?
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: erik on Mon, 2009-02-23, 13:00:48
Is the Matter Of Perspective album your first Shadowland album?

No, my dad (you sure remember him ;)) has Ring Of Roses, so I have heard that one a lot! Great album!

Tom

erik

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2009-02-23, 13:03:33
No, my dad (you sure remember him ;)) has Ring Of Roses, so I have heard that one a lot! Great album!

Tom
Yep of course ;) Then you will certainly like the stuff from the other albums as well. Ring Of Roses is great, but Through The Looking Glass is my favourite of the three and U.S.I. from Mad As A Hatter my favourite Shadowland track.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: erik on Mon, 2009-02-23, 13:25:38
Yep of course ;) Then you will certainly like the stuff from the other albums as well. Ring Of Roses is great, but Through The Looking Glass is my favourite of the three and U.S.I. from Mad As A Hatter my favourite Shadowland track.

I can't wait to hear it, although I can't find the tracklist anywhere! :)

Tom

erik

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2009-02-23, 14:17:05
I can't wait to hear it, although I can't find the tracklist anywhere! :)

Tom

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be any detailed info around yet on the net. The new Shadowland site is up and running now, but doesn't tell yet. I browsed the cd tracklist briefly at the gig, can't reproduce it, but thought it was a neat selection and U.S.I. is on it ;)
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

bluepony

Quote from: JJ II on Sat, 2009-02-21, 17:19:14
setlist, details...?

The one of yesterday's gig in Frankfurt? VoilĂ , here it is:

- A Matter of Perspective
- The Hunger
- The Whistleblower
- Mephisto Bridge
- The Kruhulick Syndrome
- The Waking Hour
- Painting by Numbers
- Hall of Mirrors
- The Edge of Night
- U.S.I.
- The Seventh Year
- Jigsaw
- Dreams of the Ferryman

Encore:
- Ring of Roses

Quote from: JJ II on Sat, 2009-02-21, 17:19:14
setlist, details...?
Well, sadly Clive managed to get a cold right in time for the tour, so he's losing his voice more and more... at the gig in Verviers it wasn't actually that bad (at least I think not too many people noticed), but last night was really tough (must've hurt!!). Mike and Karl did their best to help with vocals, but it was still quite painful to see/hear. Nevertheless the band seemed to have a good time on stage, considering the relatively small audience. I took a few pics and will try to upload them here.

bluepony

So here's a pic of yesterday's Shadowland gig in Frankfurt.

bluepony

You can find more on my MySpace site www.myspace.com/223020870

Iggy

Nice Pics.

Good effort getting all of them in one picture.

bluepony

Quote from: Iggy on Mon, 2009-02-23, 21:18:53
Good effort getting all of them in one picture.
Well... the venue was quite small...

The Butterfly Man

Great pictures Bluey! :)

Tom