News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Paris 11.04.2008

Started by polochon01, Fri, 2008-04-11, 12:28:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

Quote from: Draco chimera on Sat, 2008-04-12, 18:49:58
But it's a familiar language.

This is a puzzling statement, Draco. Could you please explain ?   :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Draco chimera

Sorry, it's a french expression. "un  langage familier" is a way to speak using words shorter and expressions, but you use these words with friends or family, because if you speak this way with a very important person, you'll have problems :D
As an exemple, "yeah" is a colloquialism (I found it in the dictionnary) ;D
Let your conscience decide !

Superzim

Quote from: Draco chimera on Sat, 2008-04-12, 18:49:58
Yes, sometimes in France, we use this word. But it's a familiar language.

This was an awesome show!! Thanks to Arena *horns*
I'll try to write the setlist, but I'll surrely make mistakes.

William Tell Overture
01.Welcome to the cage
02.A crack in the ice
03.Midas Vision
04.(Don't forget to) Breathe
05.On the edge of despair
06.This way madness lies
07.Witch Hunt
08.Skin Game
09.City of lanterns
10.Riding the tide
11.Tears in the rain
12.The Hanging tree
13.Smoke and mirrors
14.Bedlam fayre
15.Moviedrome
------------------------------
16.Friday's dream
17.Solomon
18.Crying for help VIII

Something like this, no? If someone can correct the setlist, don't hesitate ! ;)

Hi all
salut à tous
I'm New member
Draco, I think it's exactely the set list they did (je pense que c'est exactement ce que Arena a produit à Paris). really good Vraiment bien ! j'étais sceptique au début, connaissant trés (trop) bien leurs chansons  et en fait j'adore Arena ; in prog , it's my favorite band !

Opera Fanatica (aurait été la cerise sur le gateau mais bon, for moviedrome, solomon étaient là) manquait juste à l'appel!

PH

Quote from: Superzim on Sun, 2008-04-13, 21:10:34Hi all
salut à tous
I'm New member
Hey welcome! I'm sorry but I'm no expert in French, maybe someone else can welcome you in French. :D
Good to see so many new people after the tour!!

Quote from: Superzim on Sun, 2008-04-13, 21:10:34Draco, I think it's exactely the set list they did (je pense que c'est exactement ce que Arena a produit à Paris). really good Vraiment bien ! j'étais sceptique au début, connaissant trés (trop) bien leurs chansons  et en fait j'adore Arena ; in prog , it's my favorite band !
I have no idea what you just said, but I agree about the last four words! ;)

Quote from: Superzim on Sun, 2008-04-13, 21:10:34Opera Fanatica (aurait été la cerise sur le gateau mais bon, for moviedrome, solomon étaient là) manquait juste à l'appel!
... Well... ehh... yes, Appelmoes?? is a regular member here indeed. But I'm not sure whether he likes mais or bon bons...

Have fun here! ;D (I do! (as you can see... ;)))

-Paco

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2008-04-13, 11:00:32
And remember to get some solid boots, Bluey  :D

Nicky.
...to kick your ass, Nicky? ;)

Draco chimera

Hello Superzim, and thanks for answering !
How old are you ?
I agree with you, Opera Fanatica would have been great, but the show was also amazing this way, I think. :)

Salut Superzim et merci pour ta réponse !
Quel âge as-tu ?
Je suis d'accord avec toi, Opera Fanatica aurait été super, mais le concert était aussi excitant comme ça je pense.

{Sorry, PH, but you'll probably become crazy with all this french messages} :D

Appelmoes??

Quote from: bluepony on Mon, 2008-04-14, 13:06:41
...to kick your ass, Nicky? ;)
:D

She shoots, she scores! A hole in one :P
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

bluepony

bluepony

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2008-04-13, 22:26:28
... Well... ehh... yes, Appelmoes?? is a regular member here indeed. But I'm not sure whether he likes mais or bon bons...
Er... I don't think he meant Applemoes??, but he was talking about cherries and cake! :o

Superzim

Quote from: bluepony on Mon, 2008-04-14, 22:33:46
Er... I don't think he meant Applemoes??, but he was talking about cherries and cake! :o

Hi everybody !
very very sorry for my english, but you should know about the frenchies and the foreign languages  ;D

I said "le cerise sur le gateau" typically french expression. It means It would be great (to hear Opera Fanatica).

But the concert in paris the 14th was very very good.
Just before going in the concert room La Scene-Bastille, I saw two hairy fellows, drinking a big glass of beer  :P in a bar (pub ?) in bastille...
I said to me "i'm sure these mens go to the Arena's concert"   8)
And after, these 2 boys was.... on the stage  ???  it was Rob and Clive !!!  ;D
Now I know their face.  :D ;D

Salut à tous, et à bientôt.

Draco chimera

Quote from: Superzim on Thu, 2008-04-17, 19:08:01
And after, these 2 boys was.... on the stage  ???  it was Rob and Clive !!!  ;D
:D
That's funny.

PH

Superzim, that was a really nice anekdote! :D
Love it!
That's something you won't forget too soon.

About my comment on the French language, I was joking of course. I do it all the time.
From time to time I say something in Dutch, because I can't say it properly in English or just because I can show more emotion in my own language.
Nothing wrong with that!

And when I looked that over, I can perfectly read what you mean. But since the French talk so fast I had to look it over a couple of times. ;D

Please stay here in the Room. I guess you already know how strange we are. But on top of that, we are a bunch of good old (Nicky) guys and gals (Bluepony). Very much fun here and once you are a stationed member, you're a member for life! ;)

All the best!

-Paco

Draco chimera

Be careful, he is ALWAYS joking ;D

bluepony

Quote from: Superzim on Thu, 2008-04-17, 19:08:01
I said "le cerise sur le gateau" typically french expression.
Aaah - so you mean Opera Fanatica would have been "the icing on the cake" for you!  :D