News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Just ordered 3 Arena albums, wohoo!

Started by cabo, Tue, 2008-02-26, 19:03:00

Previous topic - Next topic

cabo

Pride, Contagious and Contagion ( my old one is worn out)

*horns*

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Deenfan

Any three Arena albums would be great, but that is a particularly fine collection!!

Nicky007

I guess you must be happy when you start a whole new thread on that, Cabo  ;D

But OK, any "new" Arena album means partytime  *horns*

Skål on that !

Nicky.

So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

bluepony

Quote from: cabo on Tue, 2008-02-26, 19:03:00
Pride, Contagious and Contagion ( my old one is worn out)

*horns*

A CD can wear out?!  :o Oh dear - I guess I should check on all my favourite CDs!

Peter

The first things I do when I receive a new CD: rip for mobile player, copy for car cd player. Like that I mostly only use the originals a few times...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

cabo

i also copy orginals for car use... kids, wife etc ;)

bluepony

Right... makes sense. Just that I usually do 'best of's for the car (because it doesn't have a CD changer).

PH

Quote from: bluepony on Wed, 2008-03-05, 18:25:01
Right... makes sense. Just that I usually do 'best of's for the car (because it doesn't have a CD changer).

Yeah, I do that too.
Especially for the family here, I make "poppy prog" compilation CDs...

-Paco

bluepony

Nah, I don't think my family would appreciate my doing that... (no other proggies here but me, I'm afraid)

PH

Quote from: bluepony on Fri, 2008-03-07, 15:04:04
Nah, I don't think my family would appreciate my doing that... (no other proggies here but me, I'm afraid)

Same here. But what I mean is that I cannot bring my prog CDs in the car because I'm the only proggie here...
Sometimes my dad can appreciate it, but most of the time that's not the case.
So what I do is making a compilation CD of songs that I'm sure my dad and my little brothers would like.
That way I can play prog in the car without the rest going "Bleh! Put some MUSIC on!"...

-Paco

bluepony

Well... I'm glad I've got a car of my own, so I can put on whatever music I like!  ;D

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Mon, 2008-03-03, 18:28:05
A CD can wear out?!  :o Oh dear - I guess I should check on all my favourite CDs!

I'm also surprised about what you guys are talkin about.

I'v played Contagion, Twilight, and Fullness Of Time over 200 times, and they still sound as good as new.

So I aint gonno bother about making unnecessary copies (only samples for friends).

Maybe I should add that I'm extremely careful with my cd's, i.a. only take them in the middle and sides (not women I'm talkin about here, Bups  ;D  sorry, Bluey  :-\ ), keep them out of the sun, always have them either in the cassette or player.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Well, I just read in an article that some Swedish researchers found out that even under best conditions a CD will not "live" much longer than 3 decades. Hmmm... when did I buy my first CD again? Certainly not 30 years ago, so I guess I'm on the safe side for a while!  ;)

maddox

There is indeed a difference between CD's.
Especially CD-roms of a lower quality can wear out pretty quick.
There are some programs that can test a CD-rom and it will only cost you one CD-rom. But after that you're quite sure what the quality is.

CD's are usually of better shape but they can wear out too.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

bluepony

Nicky007

I dont get it, Bluey. I mean, you listen to a CD until it starts sounding wrong. Then you get a new one. What's the bustle about ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

cabo

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2008-03-08, 09:39:19
I'm also surprised about what you guys are talkin about.

I'v played Contagion, Twilight, and Fullness Of Time over 200 times, and they still sound as good as new.

Nicky.

After some use you always get scratches, and the climate in a car is not very healthy for a cd. Too much sun, too much humidity etc.
Here's an article that i found interesting: http://storageadvisors.adaptec.com/2006/03/29/crappy-cds-part-deux/

My cd was worn out with scratches, F.i. i lost the cd on the carfloor and got some scratches. My kids scratced it also. Just normal wear and tear and then it start skipping in the cdplayer :)

please excuse my english...

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2008-03-10, 12:12:32
I dont get it, Bluey. I mean, you listen to a CD until it starts sounding wrong. Then you get a new one. What's the bustle about ?

Nicky.

The problem is that I have quite a lot of CDs that aren't on sale anymore (for example because the bands don't exist anymore etc.), so where would I get a new one of these?

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: cabo on Tue, 2008-03-04, 18:46:50
i also copy orginals for car use... kids, wife etc ;)

People handle my CD's nervously... I get really errm... 'emotional' about ANY marks on my CD's!  With the exception of a couple, nearly all my CDs are in mint condition! *horns*
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt