News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

NAY Thread

Started by Nicky007, Thu, 2008-01-17, 13:16:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Iggy

Quote from: funkster on Wed, 2009-11-25, 11:49:44
Football eh Iggy !!

Good job i prefer playing than watching now a days

Yep I've really gone off it. I don't mind the Henry thing what I mind is that no one seems interested in helping the ref's with technology. I mean I ask you a beach ball, a hand ball and none of the officials saw it.  ::)

Maybe we need 8 not 4.

American football on the other hand it's rare for an important wrong decision to occur.

Manatee

Quote from: Iggy on Wed, 2009-11-25, 15:40:21
American football on the other hand it's rare for an important wrong decision to occur.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but they have instituted a replay/challenge rule that allows coaches to get them to take another look at some of the more important mistakes.  Doesn't fix everything, but it helps.  On the other hand, the crowd can get restless waiting around while they check the replay from every conceivable camera angle.

And NAY for computers that freeze up for no particular reason.   >:(
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Bupie

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-11-25, 16:03:12
I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but they have instituted a replay/challenge rule that allows coaches to get them to take another look at some of the more important mistakes.  Doesn't fix everything, but it helps.

Being a former cornerback myself, I think that the referees should have a different approch of pass interferences, video or not  >:(

Iggy

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-11-25, 16:03:12
I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but they have instituted a replay/challenge rule that allows coaches to get them to take another look at some of the more important mistakes.  Doesn't fix everything, but it helps.  On the other hand, the crowd can get restless waiting around while they check the replay from every conceivable camera angle.

And NAY for computers that freeze up for no particular reason.   >:(

I find that Microsoft has a lot to answer for. Especially Vista  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Quote from: Bupie on Wed, 2009-11-25, 21:20:22
Being a former cornerback myself, I think that the referees should have a different approch of pass interferences, video or not  >:(

;D

Excellent Bupie it wasn't an option when I was playing sport. I was a front row forward and recieved sore ears most matches. I would have loved to have played American Football but feel I may be a bit old now.  :(

Bupie

Quote from: Iggy on Wed, 2009-11-25, 21:43:04
Excellent Bupie it wasn't an option when I was playing sport. I was a front row forward and recieved sore ears most matches. I would have loved to have played American Football but feel I may be a bit old now.  :(

My sport is soccer. I played it for 25 years and still touch the ball from time to time. American Football was not really an option for me neither but it's such a small sport in France (about 4000 players, I think) that everybody was and is still welcome. American Football cost me a knee but, yes, I had real fun playing. The sound of helmets crushing on pads ... *horns*  The only problem was that Canadian players wanted to play extreme metal in the locker room before the games  ;D It was a time when January meant College Football bowl games that were also fun to watch (waaaaaay more than NFL's).

I would have loved to play rugby too though but I guess it will be in another life. By the way, what do you think of reincarnation, you guYs (Iggy, Funky, Nicky, ManatY ...  :D)

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Thu, 2009-11-26, 11:08:24
My sport is soccer.

I think it's great when people play soccer, particularly kids. There's the good exercise, usually in fresh air, and then there's, equally important, the training of social skills  *horns*

However, when 30+ers spend hours gaping at matches and talking endlessly about this and that goal, then I say: Get a Life !!!

By which we get to:

By the way, what do you think of reincarnation, you guYs (Iggy, Funky, Nicky, ManatY ...  :D)

Yeah, I'm 50/50 about it. I'v studied it a lot, I'v met people who claim they can see into previous lives, and some of'm have told me stuff about my own (claimed) previous lives  ???

I think that one can only be sure about reincarnation if/when one convincingly "sees" one of one's own previous lives.

As that has not happened to me, I'm not sure that I have more than this life on earth ... and there's so much to experience and learn.

E.g. one of my major projects is to get into Hegel's philosophy. He took it upon himself, as probably the first fully, to make a science of the mind and its evolution from Dasein to pure self-conscious spirit - and I think he succeeded, to a great extent iac.

So why waste time on ... see above  ;)

Btw, I mentioned it earlier in the Room: 2½ years ago, my bro took me to the French rugby final in the big Paris Arena. It was quite fun watching ... but what I liked best was the freely flowing beer and gin and tonics afterward. I also realised that the French take their drink well (better than the Brits); even these rugby ruffians were completely peaceful, friendly and fun  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Bupie

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2009-11-26, 12:31:52
Btw, I mentioned it earlier in the Room: 2½ years ago, my bro took me to the French rugby final in the big Paris Arena. It was quite fun watching ... but what I liked best was the freely flowing beer and gin and tonics afterward. I also realised that the French take their drink well (better than the Brits); even these rugby ruffians were completely peaceful, friendly and fun  ;D

The French rugby final is usually the day of the year where I am pretty sure to cry ... since watching the losers cry on the field at the end of the game makes me cry too  :'(

What is good with rugby is that violence is on the field, so the spectators don't need to be violent as well : they let off steam through the players. Quite the opposite of soccer. It's just a personal theory but I do think it's not so stupid. Otherwise, why would people get interested in a sport where you have to pass the ball backwards to move forward ?  ;D  Just kiddin', I love rugby !

Manatee

Quote from: Bupie on Thu, 2009-11-26, 14:58:01
The French rugby final is usually the day of the year where I am pretty sure to cry ... since watching the losers cry on the field at the end of the game makes me cry too  :'(

What is good with rugby is that violence is on the field, so the spectators don't need to be violent as well : they let off steam through the players. Quite the opposite of soccer. It's just a personal theory but I do think it's not so stupid. Otherwise, why would people get interested in a sport where you have to pass the ball backwards to move forward ?  ;D  Just kiddin', I love rugby !

My brother played rugby in college.  I'd get crushed and don't enjoy pain that much.  It is fun to watch though.  I especially like the bumper sticker I saw on a car once that said, "Ruggers Eat Their Dead."

Manatee

By the way, what do you think of reincarnation, you guYs (Iggy, Funky, Nicky, ManatY ...  :D)

I have my doubts, but if I get a choice, I'll come back as John Mitchell's guitar.  At least I know I'd be gainfully employed.   ;D

Bupie

I was thinking of a reincarnation in a living body but if I could pick an object ... hum, can't write that  :-[

Iggy

re-incarnation

can't get my head around that one.

If re-incarnation exists then surely it doesn't matter what happens.

Nicky007

Quote from: Iggy on Fri, 2009-11-27, 22:34:19
If re-incarnation exists then surely it doesn't matter what happens.

???

Modern ideas of reincarnation imply that your next incarnation is a transformation of the outcome of this life, so as to rectify some disturbances and develop unused and new aspects of ones character, and help the nearest people in ones life to do so - so maybe one of us Roomies will turn up as a seductive Womanatee babe to get Greenie movin'  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me