News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Bluepony

Started by bluepony, Fri, 2007-11-16, 12:33:12

Previous topic - Next topic

bluepony

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2007-11-19, 09:53:14
Bluey, you should complete your Def Lep collection with X. Maybe it's a little soft for your taste but it really has killer songs on it like Torn to shreds or Long long way to go.

And for Nicky, since you like Ten, X is like Ten force ten  8)
Yes, I know, X has been on my shopping list for ages, I should really get it one day - but (I suggest you all sit down now) I must confess that I haven't been 'music shopping' for ages...  :o
(I used to get a lot of CDs for free when I wrote for Scream magazine and I completely gave up the old habit of hanging around the local record stores, checking out new bands/albums and listenting to what looks interesting. I was able to spend a few hours listening to promising albums, but these days it seems I simply don't have the time for that!  >:()

bluepony

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2007-11-19, 15:46:35
Almost. In fact, I am trying to renovate the house that was built in late 19th century but I only do the finishing myself because I am not really what you would call an handyman :-[ Tonight is scheduled the painting of the guests room -which will take at least two entire EC listens- in order to receive you (or Bluey, of course  ;D). And bring me some Danish beer, please  ;)
Well, I didn't know I was going anywhere...  ;) And I don't think I can bring you the Danish beer you're asking for, but I'd certainly bring a variation of German beers for you to taste.

Oh, and don't believe a word Nicky says:

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2007-11-19, 18:40:10
If you have Bluey staying there, you'll have to paint it again after she's left  ;D

My wild days are over... ;D

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Thu, 2007-11-22, 09:52:53
... but these days it seems I simply don't have the time for that!  >:()

Yeah, all those JD bottles that have to be consumed ....  ;D

Hey Bluey, dya never go for Floyd and Zep, two of my great passions?

And lookin at your profile, I would think that Vanden Plas would be a cinch? And that's even pretty local.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Thu, 2007-11-22, 09:59:44
My wild days are over... ;D

That's why he doesn't need a building firm after you'v left  ;D

> ... but I'd certainly bring a variation of German beers for you to taste.

Better that! mmmmmmmmmm

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2007-11-22, 10:08:32
Yeah, all those JD bottles that have to be consumed ....  ;D
I haven't touched a bottle of Jack Daniel's in... over a year I think (still got the rest of the one I was given for my birthday last year - the 'remember Verviers' bottle - it's more of a souvenir now than a drink I guess  ;)). It's no fun drinking JD if you don't have the right company! (Not that I'm trying to talk anybody into anything...  ;D)

Hey Bluey, dya never go for Floyd and Zep, two of my great passions?
I must disappoint you, Nicky, but neither Pink Floyd nor Led Zeppelin ever really 'clicked' with me... maybe because I never smoked anything while listening to them...  ;)

And lookin at your profile, I would think that Vanden Plas would be a cinch? And that's even pretty local.
Yes, they have some nice songs, but again - it didn't 'click'.

Maybe that needs a bit more explanation: I'm very much 'singer-orientated', meaning that if I like the singer's voice and way to sing, I'll probably also like the rest of the music (as long as it's no Britney Spears sh*t - we're talking hardrock and metal here!). So most of the bands I like have a - more or less - extraordinary singer, like e. g. Queensryche, Magnum, TAoI, Headstone, PC69, Axxis, Hardline, Giant, Gotthard... (BTW, guess who I bumped into at Heathrow airport on Monday - Steve Lee and Leo Leoni!! What a lucky coincidence. :) I was a day late for their gig, though... :( ... but I had a good time in good old UK anyway! :))
So if you take that the other way round, if I don't like the singer, it's very unlikely that I'll like the band... and I think Vanden Plas are one of those "the music is quite okay but I can't stand this guy's voice" bands for me. (Others that go in the same category would be for example Rammstein or Crematory - the music is great, but the singers... aaaargh!)

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Thu, 2007-11-22, 10:36:52
neither Pink Floyd nor Led Zeppelin ever really 'clicked' with me... maybe because I never smoked anything while listening to them...  ;)

OK, you can hit back !  ;)

Actually the spicy stuff was never so compatible with Zep; iac Percy and JPJ were always very straight guys.

With Floyd it was a different story. I cant listen to Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast straight  ;D

But I havent touched the stuff (basically) for some 25 years, and Surprise: Floyd still sound great !

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Thu, 2007-11-22, 10:36:52
... Queensryche ...

I fully agree with you that Geoff Tate is a tremendous singer - and he really "made" Queensryche, because they never really pushed the envelope.

OK, I'll admit that I havent listened all that much to them, and guys you're welcome to disabuse me.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2007-11-22, 12:48:52
OK, you can hit back !  ;)
Meaning "I can" (a definite OF COURSE! to that  ;D) or "you allow me to"?  ;)

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2007-11-22, 12:48:52
Actually the spicy stuff was never so compatible with Zep; iac Percy and JPJ were always very straight guys.

With Floyd it was a different story. I cant listen to Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast straight  ;D

But I havent touched the stuff (basically) for some 25 years, and Surprise: Floyd still sound great !

Nicky.
Well, I have no experience whatsoever in this field (except maybe sitting next to someone who consumed it). Never taken any illegal drugs... (alcohol and caffeine are legal!).  ;D

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2007-11-22, 13:12:27
I fully agree with you that Geoff Tate is a tremendous singer - and he really "made" Queensryche, because they never really pushed the envelope.

OL, I'll admit that I havent listened all that much to them, and you're welcome to disabuse me.

Nicky.
Are you sure?!  ;D

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Thu, 2007-11-22, 13:12:32
Meaning "I can" (a definite OF COURSE! to that  ;D) or "you allow me to"?  ;)

Purposefully ambiguous, Bluey  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Thu, 2007-11-22, 13:12:32
Well, I have no experience whatsoever ....

No  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2007-11-22, 13:12:27

OK, I'll admit that I havent listened all that much to them, and guys you're welcome to disabuse me.

Nicky.
Now look how quickly you changed that...!  ;D

bluepony

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Thu, 2007-11-22, 14:36:23
Now look how quickly you changed that...!  ;D

I only corrected the OK and added "guys" to make it clear that everyone is welcome to comment. So what's the big deal, Bluey?  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Oh, no problem at all!  :)

;D

Nicky007

I suspect you used the dictionary in the meantime, Bluey. Isnt that so?  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Nicky007

A dictionary is place where not undestandi langaj luki uppi  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2007-11-23, 11:35:27
A dictionary is place where not undestandi langaj luki uppi  ;D

Nicky.

Alright - but what would I want to look up?! I don't think "Queensryche are one of the greatest bands ever" or "Nicky is constantly trying to annoy me" would be in there...  ;)

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Fri, 2007-11-23, 11:37:24
"Queensryche are one of the greatest bands ever"

OK, seriously now: You really think so?

OK then, whadya like best by them?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2007-11-23, 11:41:23
OK, seriously now: You really think so?
Yes!! They have always been one of my favourite bands, from the first note I ever heard of them! Moreover, they have one of the best singers in the business; it's really incredible what Geoff Tate can do with his voice (even more so as I know that he's up to this standard live as well).

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2007-11-23, 11:41:23
OK then, whadya like best by them?
Hmmm... "Empire" is a fantastic album, but their undisputable masterpiece is "Operation: Mindcrime".  *horns* 
I don't think they were able to top that one yet... although most of their albums are pretty good.

PH

I heard Queensrÿche's "Tribe", which is a brilliant album.
The first time I heard Prog Metal.

-Paco

bluepony

"Tribe" is nice, but certainly not the best they ever made (IMO).
Try "Operation: Mindcrime" (the video/DVD, if you can) - a great rock opera/musical or whatever you want to call it. It totally blew me away when I heard it for the first time!

maddox

Quote from: bluepony on Fri, 2007-11-23, 16:10:32
"Tribe" is nice, but certainly not the best they ever made (IMO).
Try "Operation: Mindcrime" (the video/DVD, if you can) - a great rock opera/musical or whatever you want to call it. It totally blew me away when I heard it for the first time!

I won't say Bluepony for president this time.  ;)

I'll just end it with: +1.  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

bluepony

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2007-11-23, 20:46:20
I won't say Bluepony for president this time.  ;)

:( 

;)

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2007-11-23, 20:46:20
I'll just end it with: +1.  ;D
Quite as good!  ;)