News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Drumming is bloody good IMO

Started by randazzo, Sun, 2007-10-28, 12:46:36

Previous topic - Next topic

kmorse

The best drummer is a drummer whose style best fits the band's style. Can anyone imagine the Stones without Charlie Watts?
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

Nicky007

A drummer of course has to be precise, know what's goin on musically and lyrically, and support and add to all that. That's when he doesnt stand out for being inferior or out of place.

If on top'o that he can give the music a gutsy drive and add some great garnish - like Danny Carey, Mike Portnoy, Scott Rockenfield, Jason Rullo, Mark Arrington, and a few others - then I say "bloody good !!!"  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

mdread666

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2009-11-02, 16:43:54
A drummer of course has to be precise, know what's goin on musically and lyrically, and support and add to all that. That's when he doesnt stand out for being inferior or out of place.

If on top'o that he can give the music a gutsy drive and add some great garnish - like Danny Carey, Mike Portnoy, Scott Rockenfield, Jason Rullo, Mark Arrington, and a few others - then I say "bloody good !!!"  *horns*

Nicky.

Good to see that you mention Scott Rockenfield there Nicky, as I rate his performance at the Hammersmith Odeon in '88 on the Mindcrime tour as the best I have ever seen by any drummer  *horns* *horns*
mdread666

...for it is a human number,
It's number is six hundred and sixty six.

Nicky007

Quote from: mdread666 on Tue, 2009-11-03, 09:00:13
Good to see that you mention Scott Rockenfield there Nicky ... *horns* *horns*

Yup, one'o the greatest  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me