News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Why 'the ricochet'

Started by Appelmoes??, Mon, 2005-02-14, 16:05:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Appelmoes??

Why the name 'ricochet' for this forum? I was kinda wondering, what's the link with Arena?
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Mon, 2005-02-14, 16:05:41
Why the name 'ricochet' for this forum? I was kinda wondering, what's the link with Arena?

Well, it's a word I learned from one of my all time favorite songs, Jigsaw by Marillion from the Fugazi album.

I'll be seeing you again, on the ricochet

1. Gives me thrills and chills every time I hear it
2. Sounds like a cool word to me
3. Depicts something that comes back again and again, like people to this forum, or this forum to peoples' minds.

Phew....  :-\
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Mark Jan

That's a really nice passage of Jigsaw, Peter!  ;D

And to Appelmoes I'd like to say: you write 'why appelmoes, why not?' So why ricochet, why not!  ;D ;D ;D

Appelmoes??

:P ;)

I'm still trying to find a good replacement for my dutch personal tekst: 'Mayo is voor mietjes' and sig: 'Het is geel, soppig en niet een gemalen kanarie...'.

Hmm that last one could easely be translated... But the other just wouldn't work.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Moonloop

Glad someone asked that question  ;) I really couldn't see any Arena connection with the word and did wonder whether it was Marillion inspired. Great track too - they (Marillion) don't write em like that anymore  ;D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

frenchsting

when i read the name, i thought of it immediatly. I also thought of a german keyboard band called tangerine dreal. One of his album is also called ricochet and it is a great one...

Moonloop

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that. From their early Krautrock era - the blue/green cover with the impacting water droplet  :) Used to own it on vinyl but sort of outgrew that kind of synth genre really (apart from one or two bands). Nostalgia eh..!! ;D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Constable Hogweed

I was wondering about this one too. I came to the (In)conclusion that it was indeed "Jigsaw" and that maybe Mick had a hand in the song and maybe it was from "The Script" sessions. I really must stop this imagination of mine.  :-[

Peter

I used to listen to Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulze and J-M Jarre when I was 15-17 or so, but no more. No time ;)

Xanxtuary

Quote from: Constable Hogweed on Fri, 2005-02-18, 01:57:06
I was wondering about this one too. I came to the (In)conclusion that it was indeed "Jigsaw" and that maybe Mick had a hand in the song and maybe it was from "The Script" sessions. I really must stop this imagination of mine.  :-[

Same thought ... but that's not surprising given that me and the Constable are an item!  ;)
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

Simtere

Quote from: Peter on Fri, 2005-02-18, 09:49:26
I used to listen to Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulze and J-M Jarre when I was 15-17 or so, but no more. No time ;)

Klaus Schulze!   Wow ..... I'm not the only one then :)   I still play his 1975 album 'Timewind' fairly regularly.... very relaxing!

Peter

Quote from: Simtere on Fri, 2005-03-11, 18:36:42
Klaus Schulze!   Wow ..... I'm not the only one then :)   I still play his 1975 album 'Timewind' fairly regularly.... very relaxing!

Timewind, yep. Plain gorgeous. Can't listen to it in full length anymore, though.

Herben

Maybe it's time to change the title in Why Shattered Room, Yes it was a Arena song on their latest Album, and shatroom to shattered room, there's a point (very strong maybe). Could also name it Contagion Room
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

PH

Quote from: Herben on Mon, 2005-12-19, 22:54:03
Maybe it's time to change the title in Why Shattered Room, Yes it was a Arena song on their latest Album, and shatroom to shattered room, there's a point (very strong maybe). Could also name it Contagion Room

No, not Contagion Room, the people will think that we're all ill and they won't register anymore.
It's like calling a forum 'the infected forum'.

Herben

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2005-12-20, 07:39:31
It's like calling a forum 'the infected forum'.
Aren't we all infected by the Arena-virus? or progressive Rock virus
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land