News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Error or no Error?

Started by maddox, Sun, 2007-08-19, 09:09:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Is my computer failing or not?

Yes
1 (12.5%)
No
2 (25%)
Possibly
2 (25%)
This poll is really useless. :P
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

maddox

This current situation inspired me to create a new, possibly useless  :D, poll.

The question is easy:

Is there something wrong with my computer or not?

;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

johninblack

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Sun, 2007-08-19, 12:12:59
What situation?

What situation?

***EDIT*** OK seen the other thread. I get it now.

Nicky007

I think I'll start a new poll:  Is there something wrong with Maddox's head or not  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

johninblack

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2007-08-19, 12:57:46
I think I'll start a new poll:  Is there something wrong with Maddox's head or not  ;D

Nicky.

That would be a one option poll........YES!

Appelmoes??

He isn't a Sickö for nothing ;D

My drawings on MySpace

PH

maddox

Funny remarks, guys. Really great.

Still i only get the Poll topic and nothing else. Apparently i'm the only one judging from your remarks.  :-\

maddox

So judging from the remarks of Appel and John in the Keyboard-poll-thingy it seems that i am the only one with the computer-problem here.

Thanx for the help guys.  :P

edit: this is what i see:

bluepony

Hey, wait a moment - was it YOU who sent this virus or whatever it is to my computer?!  ;)

johninblack

Hey Maddox, what happens if you click on 'Other Stuff' Does the polls bit dissapear or will it all show?

maddox

Quote from: bluepony on Sun, 2007-08-19, 16:16:51
Hey, wait a moment - was it YOU who sent this virus or whatever it is to my computer?!  ;)

If i did i wasn't aware of it.  ;)

maddox

Quote from: johninblack on Sun, 2007-08-19, 16:37:07
Hey Maddox, what happens if you click on 'Other Stuff' Does the polls bit dissapear or will it all show?

It disappears then, John. Then i get the same view as the pic but without the polls.
I recently had the kind of the same problem but after than my whole comp went berserk. Had a legion of viruses on my comp and on top of that my hard drive crashed. Result was that i lost a load of stuff that obviously i didn't really wanted to loose. Still had warranty on my comp so i got a new hard drive and after they checked the comp i even got new memory, so no Nicky there's nothing wrong with my head  :P  ;D.

It worked fine for about a month but somehow i get the feeling my computer is going downhill again.  :-\
It probably is nothing to worry about but given the fact that i had these problems last month it made me a bit nervous.  :-\

No panic, just nervous.  ;)

bluepony

Hey Maddox,
this all sounds more than only vaguely familiar... maybe your computer and mine have the same viruses... I wonder whether it's 'contagious'...  ;)
Hope your computer works now!

johninblack

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2007-08-19, 17:04:18
It disappears then, John. Then i get the same view as the pic but without the polls.

That's what I thought would happen, worth trying though.

I've no idea what's going on then.

maddox

So i still can't access the database, don't know how else i should call it. Can't even read the last posts that has been posted. Only have access to the polls section.

:-\

johninblack

Have you tried clearing your browsers cache? that way it would be forced to load a 'new' version of the page.

maddox

Yes, i did. I even bought a system-optimizer tool and with it i cleared a lot both cache and disk space. But so far unsuccessful.  :-\

I think the problem lies in my connection with the Shattered Room and/or visa versa.
But then again, and i might have mentioned this before ( :-[): No IT-brains here.

Fun thing is that i've passed the 2000-threshold which should make me a Sicko without the Umlaut but it hasn't changed yet. I'm still the Sickö with the three stars and totally not blue.  ;)

johninblack

I think that you perhaps need to have a chat with Peter

maddox

Quote from: johninblack on Thu, 2007-08-23, 19:14:09
I think that you perhaps need to have a chat with Peter

Good idea.  ;)

I was thinking the same thing.  ;D
Will do that when he's back from Holiday.  :)

Appelmoes??

Have you tried to log on with a clone? That way you can see if it's your pc, or the forum messing up your profile.

(Looking forward to welcome new forum member Xoddam ;D)

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Thu, 2007-08-23, 20:19:37
Have you tried to log on with a clone? That way you can see if it's your pc, or the forum messing up your profile.

Have thought about that but i don't know if that works since i would be operating with the same IP address.
But nevertheless a good idea. Will do that in just a bit.  ;)

Quote(Looking forward to welcome new forum member Xoddam ;D)

;D

Xoddam

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Thu, 2007-08-23, 20:19:37

(Looking forward to welcome new forum member Xoddam ;D)

I CAN SEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D

Thanks Appel.  *horns*  ;)  *ola*

Edit: i knew this would work because after i locked out i could see the whole forum as a guest.

maddox

Quote from: Xoddam on Thu, 2007-08-23, 20:45:24
I CAN SEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D

Thanks Appel.  *horns*  ;)  *ola*

Edit: i knew this would work because after i locked out i could see the whole forum as a guest.

So i can view all the topics as Xoddam but as soon as i locked myself out as my alter ego and login as myself so to speak it's the same problem over again.

It must be the sickö thingy.

Peter_test

Hmm, I registereds myself as a test user, put myself into the Sickö group and logged in... I can see all the forums...