News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Sheffield 27-05-2007

Started by johninblack, Mon, 2007-05-28, 03:29:18

Previous topic - Next topic

johninblack

Fantastic night as you would expect, I thought JM was particularly excellent tonight. Those of you going later in the week are in for a treat!

Set list......Something like

1. A Crack in the ice
2. Midas Vision
3. Bedlam Fayre
4. Butterfly Man
5. witch hunt
6. skin game
7. Empire of a Thousand Days
8. Crying For Help iv
9. A State Of Grace
10. Don't Forget To Breathe
11. Madusa
12. Smoke & Mirrors
13. Elea
14. Salamander
15. The Visitor

16. Solomon
17. Crying For Help vii

maddox

Great that you had a good time out there, John.  *horns*

I'm pleasantly surprised that they played Empire. A tremendous song i might add.  :D

Oh, ehm...Pics?  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

CompanyCroydon

Glad you had a great time, Let's hope for a London area gig...............Soon ;D

johninblack

Quote from: CompanyCroydon on Mon, 2007-05-28, 11:18:19
Glad you had a great time, Let's hope for a London area gig...............Soon ;D

Hopefully very soon!

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2007-05-28, 10:18:04
Great that you had a good time out there, John.  *horns*

I'm pleasantly surprised that they played Empire. A tremendous song i might add.  :D

Oh, ehm...Pics?  ;D

I didn't take any photos, I think Sue only took 1, I'll put that up later

Crazy Diamond

Quote from: johninblack on Mon, 2007-05-28, 03:29:18
Fantastic night as you would expect, I thought JM was particularly excellent tonight. Those of you going later in the week are in for a treat!

What a great night, have to agree with what you say about JM, the whole band were great but he was the star of the show.

Took Mrs D along to the gig, she doesn't even like Prog and she was totally blown away by it all....

Just hope it's not too long before they are playing again in UK.

Cheers

CD

JJ II

QuoteI'm pleasantly surprised that they played Empire.

I think I predicted a new oldie in the set at the end of January:

QuoteShall we start asking for one or two tracks we haven't heard before/for a long time?

I was thinking about Empire, for instance...  (source: http://shattered-room.net/index.php?topic=933.msg19095#msg19095)

Considering the best-of, this was a pretty safe guess....  ;)

bellanova

Have to agree with everyone. It was an absolutely amazing gig and John was on fire! Considering they had only had two days rehersal. Empire was particularly good and i had the good luck of hearing it twice because they played it through in the soundcheck. It was a fantastic night! Just wish i had taken my camera!!!

THANKS GUYS!!!!

CompanyCroydon

Quote from: CompanyCroydon on Mon, 2007-05-28, 11:18:19

Or the PEEL. ;D ;D

HelenDo

Glad everyone had a good time. I would have love to have been there, but it wasn't to be.

Here's hoping for another UK gig soon  ;)

Helen xx

lucius

OK Newbie here.
I was at the gig on recommendation and one listen to The Visitor.
Excellent stuff. JM is one fantastic guitarist but the band as a whole is very tight. No one has mentioned the fluffed vocal track. I thought it would come grinding to a halt but the band persevered and picked it up very well.
I bought Contagion on the way out and am enjoying it. Track 13 is a bit of a Genesis Cinema Show rip off in feel(not in melody) but LOVE IT. Can't stop playing it. Wish I knew the title!

BTW can someone tell me the name of the track where it's just John and Clive on Keyboards? A wonderful atmospheric solo. I'd like to know the album it's from.

All the best

Steve Ll

bellanova

Yes the John Mitchell solo is SERENITY off The Visitor album

lucius

Thanks  :-[

Oh embarrassing. I should know it then as I've listened to that album. Better do my homework a bit better.

Steve

wagner

no one has pics of last night????
La Rose noire!
myspace.com/arenaatverglas

Crownie

For Arena at The Boardwalk pics try the "Flickr photos" by Tim Ellis on the CRS website: http://www.classicrocksociety.net

And I agree with everyone else.  Arena were HOT on Sunday night.  Irrespective of Rob's momentary lapse (he's only human), the sound was really tight.  Certainly the sound engineers had their fingers on the pulse.  I can't wait to see them again.  Hopefully one or other of the band members will post their thoughts on how the tour has gone onec they come down to earth!  I do know that Mick Pointer was impressed with Sunday's performance 'cos he told me so.

Hilary

wagner

Sadly didn't get to see the show on Sunday but I've spoken to Mick last night and so far the tour is going really well... they  had a magnificent time at the Batofar in Paris and at the Colos saal, Aschaffenburg. They are looking forward to see you all at the Zeche Carl, Essen tonight...

Where are the pictures? :P :P :P
La Rose noire!
myspace.com/arenaatverglas

Crownie

For pics see the link in my earlier post.

Enjoy!!

Hilary